Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tie Rod

oldone

It seems that any tractor I have seen so far has a worn tie rod. Is there a good fix for this, besides welding in full and redrilling it out?

I hear you John. You are talking of the wollowed out holes right? Figure if I could find a good source for 3/8;s bushings I would just drill them out. 14mm bolts help just a little bit as does using longer bolts so you have a none threaded shaft going through the bushings, then cut the extra off. MPH

You can still get them new. I too am looking to replace mine for a 1966 Landlord. I got the part number and found them at JacksSmallEngines.com. Might want to check that out. Ryan

I have welded mine and then used a die cutter to round the weld. I also, sometimes weld a washer on the top and bottom to give me a bit more metal where the rubbing occurs.