Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What year was it made?

Nubian

I have an original sales receipt for my 5215 HST dated 07/91, but the ID plate has 89 stamped near the bottom of the model and serial # tag. I have seen two other 5215's but none of them had any other markings on them other than the model and serial #'s. Is it safe to ASSume that my machine was made in 1989. Is it possible for a dealer to have such a high ticket item in inventory for 3 years, before selling it.

Eddy as I understand Kent's history of Simplicity/AC tractors, yes it is possible and very likely that is the case. The factory redated many unsold units and according to an employee of my local dealer, dealers may have had units in stock as much as five years before being sold. Larry

I would have to say that yes, it is possible that a dealer can have a high priced machine on his lot for three years or more after it was made.Last year on the Ag dealer I saw a Dealer in New York State that had a brand new 1993 Simplicity Sunstar garden tractor with a loader and a 60 inch deck for $13,950 dollars USA! What a crazy price for a tractor that is brand new and is over 10 years old! Never been used that tractor. I guess the dealer could not sell it in 1993 and got stuck with it! Oh well it would make a great collector item, and it had no hours on it! so yes it is possible that a dealer could have a new item sitting on his lot for more then three years! Take Care Jason

Eddy I'm not sure how far back their records go but it's worth a try. Maybe one of the dealer/members here could steer you to the proper contact. Luck! Larry