Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I might get to "play in the snow"

simplicity707

We'll on Christmas, I got a surprise. I finally got a snowblade:D! I actually did pretty well this year. My dad wrapped up the lift rod and gave it to me, then told me to go out to the garage, and sitting there was a 42" John Deere blade. I no, I no it's the wrong thing, but hey, It's got a Broadmoor hitch, so therefore it bolted right up. That thing is a contraption. It has the trip springs, about 8 diff. position settings, and some other things. It also came with a set of Broadmoor chains. My dad works with a teenage kid, and he said his dad had a Broadmoor with a blade he would sell, so he sold it to my dad inc. the chains. I spent all Christmas hooking it up, and putting on the chains, so i'm ready! I can't seem to get the chains tight enough though. I also got a in mint condition white steering wheel for the '64 Broadmoor. My mom got me a Landlord 101 t-shirt from the club, also a LL 101 clock and ornament. I thought that was pretty cool. What do you all think? Did anybody else get any attachments, or anything Simplicity related? thnx,,

Good for you David, It sounds like you did really great for Christmas,^ sounds like your parents are very supportive of your hobby, that's wonderful^ Something you might try with the tire chains is to let the air out of the tires before you put the chains on then pump them back up, that should tighten them up some. BTW just paint that blade and no one will know the difference, I won't tell anyone....;):D

It is great that your parents are so supportive of your interests. That is so cool your mom got you a present form the club. You most have been good this year!:D

Nice haul, Dave. I got a new Nelson coffee-can muffler, and my father brought home my 46" HD plow and counterweight. Now I just need snow!