Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Question for local members (Nubian, & dlcentral)

Nick

Have any of you guys used Soslers in New Hampton as your Simplicity parts dealer? I was wondering how their prices are. The guy who owns States Sarles & Son in Marlboro is planning on retiring. In the event no one buys the business, I'll have to use Soslers or buy over the net. http://www.soslers.com/

How about Roy co. down in branchville NJ. they were a allis dealer years ago . Not as close as the ones listed above but I would say within 1 1/2 hour from you. I work in newburgh/New windsor and live in milford Pa. its a hour ride for me and roy co. is about 30 minutes from me. Just another thought. JK

Joe, Are they the folks with the junkyard out back?? Too bad they wont be open when I'm down there:( Maybe I could get permission to walk through after hours. Do they do tours for out of towners}:):D:D Joking of course;)

:DDan, Perhaps for a set of wheel weights I might be able to book that tour for you!!:D The owner wants my wife to start doing the E-bay thing for him. She has to stop down and meet with him next week.

Guess I dont need a tour that bad.;) The only set I got is on my B 12 and guess what ANYONES chances of ever getting those are....}:):D

Hehehe, They really don't have that much L&G in the junk pile. But with better timing, would love take Dan down just to hear Milt's puller! that alone would be worth 25 lbs of weight! And if Dan was totaly serious, I think he knows, I would somehow get the joint open for a tour. Once he sorts through his stuff we will see what is there, I am afraid she will have to run it all through E-bay. I kinda hinted at getting a list from him and what he wanted for things and posting it in our classifieds first. But think that was falling on deef ears. And was told this morning he and his son Jeff are building a Alcky burnin one for next season. Shades of Nitro Burning, wheel standing, AA/Fuel Altereds, I do got to go watch him next year.

Joe, I looked at the B-10 he has in the garage with all the furniture. Milt said they would sell it for $500. Just too steep for me im the bargin hunter with all the time in the world. I have alot of things lined up but not enough time to get things going. I have just been givin the word to expect a simplicity either 5216 or 6216 with deck and snowblower this spring for free. tomm. i am going to look at 2 tractors one is a B-210 the other is a B-212 with hyd. lift both have decks . I do believe the guy said he had a blower for one and also had a sickle bar for one. and a plow. Neither are running. He said come on down and make an offer. So I would venture to say I might be able to pick up this little stash for a nice price. I am still on the hunt for a B-10 for my loader, I want to get this thing going soon. James K.

James, Yup, not a bargin basement, but a cool place to stop and visit on a Saturday morning. $500??, that can't be for his puller, at least not with the engine that is in it now. He told me last week he got that alone for $1200. :DIf you can just visit and pic Milt's brain, you will come out of there 3 steps to the good.

Dave, I'll ask around, he didn't mean (sp)Marksboro did he? There is a huge yard there, right on rt. 94, but looks to be all very old farm equipment. I forget his name but another member is from the Greatmedows area, he may know.

Joe, this B-10 had a deck on it Not one of the pullers. It was a all stock B-10 they said it ran, But it was a bit rusty. If they said around 250 I would have bought it. The few times I have talked to milt he seemed a bit snippy (to be polite) towards me for some reason. I dont know maybe just caught him at the wrong time or something. When I asked him about the loader he basically just blew it off and moved on. Anyway the B-10 was in the first building with the garage door and a reg. door, its on the left as you drive in from the road. One of these days a few of us local tristate members should meet for coffee or something . James K..

Ask Leo at Basanis Power Equip.on rt 23 Joe, he knows about where it is,We could meet at the Sussex Airport diner for joe and a bull session?.,,

James, hehehe, I'm in Jim's Village lunch every morning at about 5 AM. But your right, I got to meet a few last summer and it was a great afternoon. Dan is to be here Saturday evening, and it will be great to see him and Lisa again. Dave, Damn, I know Leo!! He is a piece of works. I needed parts for an old Murray push mower, I swear his book had a 1/2" of dust on it. He looked up the parts, then took me outback and gave me what I needed of an old mower. He didn't make a nickel for Basani, but You know I need to buy something else I'll be up at Leo's counter. He worked at Agway for about 100 years first, didn't he? I go past the airport diner every morning on my way to work.

Joe,Thats right on the 100 yrs for sure,,That story of yours is typical of him. Leo is truly a golden person.Totally unselfish is he. Another one of my mentors he knows more about this stuff than all of us put together probably.And I'm truly proud to know him.I just visited him before Holidays.Thats when he mentioned this Hope place,,.