Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
DaleC

turn your blade into a scoop

rokon2813
quote:
Originally posted by KSever
Oh oh! I can feel the cogs turning now. Next Project!
Uh huh yep Uh huh !}:):D Combined with Dutch's extra lift height... I can see one coming somewhere....

MPH
More I been thinking about this the more I like it. Be perfect for spreading material fairly even as you dump. Now for how to run two cyl. off the Landlord hydro.Hmmmmmmmm, provided my front tires ever show up so I can use it. MPH

DaleC
I have a 444 internation orchard tractor that has a loader on it. It has two valves to shut on and off to make the loader work.. One is built into the tractor from the factory to turn off the flow to the three point hitch, the other was put in line by the loader installer and is just a simple in line water valve. To run the loader, close the hitch and open the inline to the loader. To run the hitch, close the one in line and open the one to the hitch. Sounds crude, but it works.

tractormike
That looks like a fun piece of equipment! I might have to look at installing a second valve on my B-12 hydro lift project that I,m putting together and modify my blade for it. Thanks for the link Dale.

MPH
Never thought of that approch Joe, would't be the 'cats meow' but it sure would work. Discussed the set-up with my brother on the phone and he said there has been a '4 way' bucket around for small loaders for some time.. MPH

Dutch
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Discussed the set-up with my brother on the phone and he said there has been a '4 way' bucket around for small loaders for some time..
Marty, your brother is right. They are called "4 in 1 Buckets" and they really add versatility to a loader. Here's a photo of my Case "4 in 1" biting onto an I beam to do some grading. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/20-I-beam.jpg[/img]

Dutch
Marty, Lifting that I beam is child's play for that bucket. Real work is when it bites into a good sized stump and I pour on the power to the bucket lift until the stump POPS out of the ground along with a 20 foot root spread.