Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Limited Edition

MarkM1958

After going to Ft. Wayne to pick up a Broodmoor, he showed me something I would appreicate. A special edition Simplicity, I beleive it was a 7117. It had a chrome muffler, chrome wheels, leather seat and kewl paint. He bought it with a blown motor, some one was using it for parades and such. Sorry I don't have a picture of it, but if anyone has a pix please post it! He told me he has $1200 in it and had to go to Pa. to get it. But what a find!! '8D'

Was it a 75th Anniversary Edition? http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/75th_anniversary.htm [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/gallery_images/jn_75th_anniv.jpg[/img]

Yes. Jeff provided this picture, though I think this one is a prototype -- there were a few minor differences on the ones that actually went into production.

Kent (or anyone else) That pic reminds me. Did all the Homesteader 8's come with chrome bumpers like that or is mine special??

:DMarty, You going to cruise Starbucks with the Andy clan? That thing is to purty to use, it would be destined to be a garage queen here.

Don't think so Joe, it's 325 miles to the nearest starbucks. Might have to cut a hole in the front of the house to park her in the living room though.. MPH

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Don't think so Joe, it's 325 miles to the nearest starbucks. Might have to cut a hole in the front of the house to park her in the living room though.. MPH
Nah, too high for a coffee table. Perhaps a dining room table?:D:D

I have seen the one in Bluffton Ohio that Ken is talking about and after I got over the shock of seeing it. I have to say the guy keeps it looking new. The chrome wheels and paint looks cool in the snow.

Dan, my homesteader has an orange bumper and from what I've seen all of them did. Even the B207s they painted orange and white had orange bumpers.

Saw one of those up at Pierce Sales in MN, that Neil kept trying to get me to buy it. It sure was purty but too much much for this guy, I couldn't use it outside it would just have to sit under the Plexiglas show tractor cover.

MPH - I know where this is one (a 75th Sov.), new old stock, 2 yr warranty, and they WILL ship it. Last I knew the asking price was $5,800. Let me know if you or anyone else is interested. Brent

Dan,I don't know about the Homesteaders but all the Broadmoors I have seen have that chrome bumper...maybe someone swapped for a Broadmoore one?Guess I always thought they was all chrome...I have seen some that was painted but I thought it might be cause the chrome got rusty...

Brent, if I go out on some 6-8 month job doing 7-12's, I could be easy to tempt, Right now thats a chunk of change for something too look at as I really don't think I could use such a classic to do work with..But thanks for letting me know about it. MPH