Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I love this winter

ka9bxg

So far we have not had to move a bit of snow.Today it got up to +50 and sure is nice.The furnace has hardly run. I think I will always wait for a snow fall before I put anything on the tractors for snow removal.It is great.Bob

Last few days here have been more like the first part of April instead of the end of December. Even the air smells that way...

We have been having rain all day and in the 40's for the next few days it looks like....I wish it would make its mind up though either way...I like it when it gets cold and stays that way... I started a fire a couple weeks ago in the wood burner thinking that it would be going until spring...then it warms up and I have the doors and windows open and still hot as heck in here..bout ready to turn on the AC...if I let it go out it will get cold and I will have to start another fire...

Marty,Its not starting a fire thats the problem...Its that at night it gets cold and there is enough coals in it to get it fired back up so I end up doing that.. but I keep over doing it and so it will be roasting for the whole next day....I only have to load it morning and night in the cold weather and its filled with fire brick and setting up on a cement platform...when all that cement and brick gets hot it takes almost a day to cool down...

Sounds like a nice set-up Kevin. I have the same problem when its around zero and I stoke the stove at night. Most the time I don't anymore and let the monitor keep the house at 60. MPH

This is the first time in 5 years since I moved here that we've had more than a couple inches of show. Been having fun plowing the roads as the city plow guys stop just past my house and the rest of the neighbors have to shovel for themselves. [img]http://www.netoubliette.com/snow2.jpg[/img]

As a landlord I love this weather, but being in a heavy snowmobile area I have to bite my lip when I hear everyone begging for snow. Sure I'd love to get my B110 out, but I know I'll have plenty of times to use it before May.

Like I've been saying, winters abating, Spring's almost sprung! 54 degrees here today...again...yahoo! Every day grows longer, more sun, the motorcyclists have been riding all over the place. Even with a couple of wintery blasts, March is closing in. Time to get the mower decks ready and get those coconut palm trees planted.

Well, I think we are almost done with the snow in Ontario for now, I might take the snowblower off next week since they are calling for sunshine and rain for the next two weeks! Take Care Jason