Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Went To A Birthday Party Today...................

PatRarick

.....for my wife's stepmother's 80th birthday. The old girl is spry as a teenager, and in fact, she went snowmobiling last week!! Anyway, her son told me to come out to the shop and see his latest auction purchase. A 110 Deere, and a 111 Deere. Both start and run OK, but need tune ups. He asked if I would take care of that for him. Sure, no problem. Then he tells me to come out to the barn. There stands a 525 Serf in very nice shape, and a Bolens QT16. Both of these start and run great. Next to the tractors is a 10 horse Briggs cast iron engine with starter/generator. He clamps on the jumper cables and it purrs like a kitten. He says, "Now, would you take those two tractors and that engine for tuning up the two Deeres for me?" I said, "You bet!". I thought I'd done pretty good. Then he says, "Oh, I forgot to mention something." I thought, oh-oh, here it comes. Well, it DID come. He had forgotten to tell me about the 5 horse Simplicity front tine tiller and the 5 horse Cub Cadet front tine tiller that he was going to throw in on the deal. I think I got took. :D:D:D By the way, he also bought a tandem axle trailer at the auction and is bringing everything over next week.

quote:
I think you got overpaid...but then again, the customer is always right. Right?
Well I Think your right Grec at least that's what I was always told The customer is always right...

quote:
Originally posted by ROBBYDOB
Well God bless your, step mother in law?
You can say that again, Rob. She's a strong and wonderful lady. Her first marriage was to an alchoholic that beat her and thier kids. She divorced him after 20 years. My father in law was an alchoholic (was, in that he passed away five years ago), who was also divorced due to his alchoholism. She helped him to become sober and take control of his life, and then they were married. After 25 years of marriage, my father in law came down with inoperable cancer. They both went through hell, and she never left his side until he drew his last breath. She waited on him hand and foot throughout his illness. After he passed away, her older sister came down with Alzeimer's. She took her in and took care of her until she passed away. My "stepmother in law" has always been very thin, but has never had health problems. She's five feet tall, and presently weighs only 85 pounds. When she married my father in law, she accepted his children as her own, even though all but my wife were grown and living away from home. She was a wonderful second mother to my wife, and grandmother to our children. She couldn't do better if she was my wife's real mother. She accepted me from the moment she met me, so that says a LOT :D:D:D We love her dearly.