Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
bigcountry

A/C Simplicity tractor alert--North Carolina

bigcountry
I was coming home from a funeral today about 2 hours east of here near Farmville, NC. I was on US 258 West coming out of Farmville, and what do I see behind an old abandoned shop? An A/C B-series tractor in pretty good shape...looked complete. Also near it was a Wheel Horse and I couldn't tell, but there looked like a Simplicity back there with it too. I wish I was driving my truck I woulda checked up on that A/C. Instead I was driving my grandparents' Lincoln. Oh well, if I get an opportunity I'm gonna go back and see if I can get it (about 80 miles one way from here). If not, you other NC members have a chance at it now if you have the patience to ride up US 258 and have a good eye. I couldn't bear to see one go neglected, so if I can't have it, I want someone who can get to it (with a truck, of course) to have it and give it a good home, as well as the other machines back there with it.

bigcountry
Well, if I knew that the owner lived in the next house down, which is like 4 or 500 yards down the road, I would get in the truck Tuesday and ride out there. But I have no way to confirm it. I reckon I'll go out there later on when I go to look at a bigger tractor in Wilson which I hope is this week.

dhardin
Sence i have got into my restoration i have passed the work around this part of centeral Illinois and have found 2 ACs. One a 912 that needs a center spindle bearings is all I'm told, its been seting for 15 years pluse. And the second is a AC 310 and all it need is a starter for the Koler, and its been setting a long time as well. The guy with the 912 is reluctent to let it go, but the 310 is the right price and almost a done deal. So i agree look out old tractors.. club members on the prowl