Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A/C Simplicity tractor alert--North Carolina

bigcountry

I was coming home from a funeral today about 2 hours east of here near Farmville, NC. I was on US 258 West coming out of Farmville, and what do I see behind an old abandoned shop? An A/C B-series tractor in pretty good shape...looked complete. Also near it was a Wheel Horse and I couldn't tell, but there looked like a Simplicity back there with it too. I wish I was driving my truck I woulda checked up on that A/C. Instead I was driving my grandparents' Lincoln. Oh well, if I get an opportunity I'm gonna go back and see if I can get it (about 80 miles one way from here). If not, you other NC members have a chance at it now if you have the patience to ride up US 258 and have a good eye. I couldn't bear to see one go neglected, so if I can't have it, I want someone who can get to it (with a truck, of course) to have it and give it a good home, as well as the other machines back there with it.

Guess I can understand not stopping in with a Lincoln, might be hard to get a good deal. My question is, your not on the road YET? MPH

Well, if I knew that the owner lived in the next house down, which is like 4 or 500 yards down the road, I would get in the truck Tuesday and ride out there. But I have no way to confirm it. I reckon I'll go out there later on when I go to look at a bigger tractor in Wilson which I hope is this week.

Sence i have got into my restoration i have passed the work around this part of centeral Illinois and have found 2 ACs. One a 912 that needs a center spindle bearings is all I'm told, its been seting for 15 years pluse. And the second is a AC 310 and all it need is a starter for the Koler, and its been setting a long time as well. The guy with the 912 is reluctent to let it go, but the 310 is the right price and almost a done deal. So i agree look out old tractors.. club members on the prowl