Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

RBT Invasion

ReedS

[img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn0603m.jpg[/img] Who say's you can't fit 2 rbt's in an 8ft bed? T-gate was even closed! [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn0604m.jpg[/img] 3310v No engine no variable pulleys but some electrical, a good steering wheel, hood and tires along with throttle and choke cables. [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn0605m.jpg[/img] 3415(16?)h Broken steering wheel no electrical rough hood (looks like it was used for target practice!) Had this one running and driving with a little fuel, a quick cleaning of the points and an armstrong starter! Now 2 questions.(Forgive me I'm new to the rbt thing:p) 1)What size battery fits into these rascals? 2) Where does the neg batt cable attach? (I know one end goes to the batt, it's the other end that I need to know more about!) The rest of this looks fairly straight foward and I should have the ol girl up and running this week!:)

I'm starting to get used to those RDT's too. On the briggs the cable attaches to the bracket that the I think 2 headbolts go through and has the adjustment arm for the S/G and the solenoid on it.

I was working on my 3416 h and I snapped some pics here's one of the battery and cable, the battery is a Farm and Fleet brand # 51R-600 CA (cranking amps) and CCA 410-RC 70(battery group)

And I got the B-12 back......:D:D:D You have to remember that this is a replacement engine Reed, it may have never had the right bracket. I guess the hydro and tranny checked out too if you were getting around the yard a bit with it. Now how is this going to look to all those FDT-RBT political theorists???}:)}:)}:) Am I corrupting a former FDT only owner, or bringing him into the fold?[:0][:0]

Yes Kirk I remember that that was a replacement,I probably should try to find the right one to make it right.:p I'm not sure about corruption, just need to have an open mind and willingness to try.;) I like my FDT's and this'll help preserve them as they won't have to do all of the work around here now!:D:D It does however make it real hard to be on one side of the fence or the other now! LOL

Dale you have a keen eye it's a 1717 Agco-allis with kawasaki lc and running boards, and yesterday when I looked at the new member /new tractor post and thought of my legs dangling around with those chains spinning I am a confirmed RBT guy

RBT running board tractor FDT foot dragging tractor A longstanding and friendly debate over which is better LOL Final answer Personal preference

[img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn0606m.jpg[/img] Here's shot of the 3415 with the wiring installed. No more armstrong starter for this gal! [:0] Boney, your right the garage is getting full and I'm expecting at least one more freebie coming my way soon. I'm gonna have to start rackin' 'em up some where! LOL :D:D

Nice wire job, how she run ? {3415 }, Maybe you will have to make a ramp to drive them upstairs to the soon to be show room in your garage. lol lol

;) I looked at your profile and I love your Garage! What are the dimensions? I just bought a Baron 3414h and it looks exactly like the rusty one in your new pix. 8D

Thanks Mark, The garage is 32x28 and it holds 2 cars, 1 boat, 3 whole tractors (4 if you count the one in the back of my truck!) parts of a couple more ,tools lumber and anything else that I don't want outside.

• 2 weeks later...
Well despite the last batch of cold weather I've still been slowly bringing the 3415 back to life. Today I repaired the stock muffler and installled the rest of the exhaust system,much quieter (more than thw 2110) not only that it seemed to improve on torque and idle quality as well! [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn0620m.jpg[/img] I've replaced both front tires rebuilt the carb,installed a new fuel line with filter and shut-off. Hopefully I'll have the pto clutches installed soon. As evidenced by the snow on the tires I've been putting it to work. Only 2 inches worth but enough to have some driving impressions compared ro the FDT's. Even though it's pnly slightly longer than the older FDT's this tractor has a whole different feel to it, maybe it's the hydro but this tractor feels more solid than the FDT's IMO. I definatley need some chains or loaded tires but this one pushed this stuff like nothing! Gotta get some lights too! [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn0621m.jpg[/img] A shot of the fleet as it stands (or stood) since I taken the straight pipe off. [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn0615m.jpg[/img]

Looking Good Reed!!! Sorry again for getting locked in to the "pneumatic tool" mind set and messing up the muffler a bit while we were removing it............