Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Bunky

I Think I got it......

ikipp
Nice rig. Does that amber beacon on top put stress on the roof. My cab roof is pretty thin fiberglass. Have you noticed any stress cracks on the fiberglass? P.S. If your Santa needs a substitute reindeer he can always use your rig. That amber beacon would look like a reindeer shiny nose. HO-Ho-Ho.

Kent
That's the same cab that I have mounted on the HB-216... with a lot more wear and no amber light on top... and requiring a little adaptation. I used a short piece (about 9" long) of angle iron, bolted to the underside of the footrests, extending backwards. Then, I swapped sides of the tractor, and reversed the lower section of the front frame posts, so that it could bolt to the piece of angle iron (instead of the running board that the FDT doesn't have)...

UCD
Marty All you have to do is box up that cold air and sell it on Ebay next summer. Then you could afford any tractor you wanted Genuine certified Alaskan Cold Air. Boxed fresh @ 50° below 0  Starting bid $50.00 Buy it now $200. [img]/club2/attach/MPH/45below.testsite.jpg[/img]

mowerman1193
I used to drive a fork lift when I was working...and in the winter time we would use a platic wrap(made for wrapping products to skids so they would stay put)much like the stuff you wrap your food with but heavier..anyway we would wrap that stuff around the roll cage of the fork lift and have us a cab,LOL