Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
badcars

cheap wheel weights and too much fun

badcars
well here in tennessee today we took of the snow blades and put on the bottom plow. 65 degrees, hasnt rained for a week or so. put a plow that was given to me on my broadmoor. it pulled it good. too much wheel spin though. got to thinking and off to wal mart i go. they have a big sale going on the weights for the lifting. the five pounds fit right inside my rears wheels. i can get five in each. plus my tires arent liquid filled so i picked up 8 gallons of washer fluid while i was there. i must mention the wights already have slots cut out that matched the holes in my wheels perfectly. it was too sweet. 25 pounds plus four gallons in each rear wheel. i had hell getting them back on, it got dark didnt get to try the extra weight with the chains. maybe tomorrow. actually the way the slots are i may get for or five more , just bearly notch them for the front bumper to hold it down. but dont ever let anyone tell you that a 738 wont pull a plow. it will bust root an inch through the center , only jerks a little. everyone thought it was funny when i mounted it. i love to give the neighbors a good laugh. but i also love to see there jaw drop when this little machine again does something it shouldnt be able to do. badcars