Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Seat Question

clyde

BTW, thanks for all the welcomes and comments on my 1st post! Three of the four bolts on my Landlord seat are broken off the rubber 'bushing' that is between the seat and the frame. I think I could pretty easily fabricate something to replace the broken pieces, but do I just peel the cushion off the metal seat to replace the bolts? And what do I use to re-attach the seat afterwards? TIA, Clyde

Well that's a toughie Clyde, the right way to do that would be to remove the seat cover and foam and replace the rubber mounts which come in a variety of sizes and configurations, I've seen them in the Grainger catalog and I'm sure they can be had from other sources..... That's the easy part, to remove the seat cover without damaging it is the tough part. I'd say that you could almost count on having to replace the cover. To remove the cover (if's original) you'll need to pry open the folded steel around the seat and to reinstall you'll need to carefully refold it which in turn will no doubt damage the paint. Like I said this is a toughie.

I am pretty sure that you can by the replacement mounts thru your Simplicity dealer. I bought some for a Allis B 212 about a 1 1/2 years ago thru my dealer. Ray

Thanks Reed and Ray. The orignal covers isn't too bad, but I'll probably have to replace it. I didn't see that it is tucked into the edge until you mentioned it! I suppose I could get out the duct tape :) Clyde

Clyde, they do sell some very nice seat covers. I have seen them at tractor shows and they look good, maybe someone here will know where to find them on the internet. I have seen them in black, red/white and the ugly yellow/green { lol lol j/k}.

Hey Clyde, I had the same thing on my Landlord. Luckily my seat had a after market cover. With the bushings I just drilled tru them and replaced the bolts. I have to recomemd replacing them, I was too cheep! Also may I recomond getting a new seat. I just got one from Nothern for$80. It has arm rest and the two cushion are removable! I'll never have a wet butt again!!!!!lol Elon

i got a killer seat from northern, high back, padded armrest. not original but very comfortable when working long hours. i think it was like 50 bucks or so. sorry if you want original make it happen. you can do anything if you try hard enough/ badcars

Here is the seat that I got from nothern for my landlord. I highly recomend it. Very comfortable!!! Elon

[img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/seat2.jpg[/img]

I was thinking of going the cheaper route, but Elon, that setup you have does look nice! I have seen several replacements on E-bay and at some of the online stores, but it's nice to know which one someone has actually used. THANKS AGAIN, Clyde

Clyde, Here is a link to some really nice seat covers among other things... I bought one for my 3212 last summer and really like it.^ http://stores.ebay.com/id=37544570

Hello, I know somebody is making them I just can't remember who....................Ask Kent he bought some a few years years back. Rob