Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ebay Tractor

Captain Ron

Hi I had been interested in getting a tractor with a blade on it and saw this one and was wondering if this was good deal or not?http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2369081636 a new blade for my new tractor is $600.00. I guess what I want know is this the going rate for a tractor it this shape. Thanks again Ron

Ron, I wouldn't know, I don't have anything near that new. Nubian or some of the others may be better able to give you an honest answer. But it would seem kinda low to me, if it is an honest description. With the blade, deck and wheel weights.

Went for almost $1,300 U.S. that seems like an average for some thing of this age and condition. Let me see how many of my tractors do I have to sell to buy something like this? Probably all of them. LOL Not mention shipping could cost a small fortune.....[:0]

That`s more like a steal if it runs as good as stated. If you look around you can fine a blade used like that for $150.00 to $300.00. That green is nasty but I could get use to it though. Ray

Ron, depending on your mechanical ability and the condition of the machine, I would say it is is a very reasonable price for that machine. I think AL Eden wrote an article on what to look for when buying a new/used maachine it may be worth reading and taking a look at the machine if it is close to you. I myself bought a new old stock sovereign last winter and it set me back $6,300 [:0] so if you can pick this up for that price or a little less I would take a chance. good luck john

I got a 1987 Simplicity 7117 (same basic machine) with the same deck, no blade, but with the vacuum attachment used from a dealer about three years ago for $2800. It had been completely "gone over" with new fluids, plugs, belts, etc. I don't think I got a very good deal, but I figure it will last me a lot longer than a new "box store" tractor for the same price. It's also a lot more powerful and I can do a lot more than a "box store" tractor. I owned a Home Depot tractor for two years before my Simplicity, and I gave up on it when the front wheel fell off while I was mowing. That wasn't the first problem that I had with it. I would have driven to Wisconsin from Ohio for a deal like this one on Ebay if I needed the tractor!

I purchased a Deutz Allis 917 with a 48 inch mower deck, Series II Kohler engine, hydraulic lift, hydrostatic transmission and rear lights FROM A DEALER 25 miles from my home in September 2003 for $600.00. Other than the main idle setting being off a little it is a very good tractor! My 917 looks as good as the one that sold on ebay for $1,275.00! Looked at two other D/A 917's that were "well used" that were priced at $450.00 each before finding the one that I purchased.

Of the 14 or so landlord/soveriegn/700/900 series tractors I own or have owned, the only one I gave more than $400 for was this Deutz 916H (repainted of course) - it came with a 48" deck, 42" snowblade, a 36" tiller, a 36" lawn roller and a 4x8 trailer - $1100 total and I thought I over-paid. Brent ---- born and raised in and life long resident of Indiana - well except for a few summers in Milwaukee spent working on the NML building project by the lake in '89, 90 and 91......Brent

Yes I did buy this one I did not think it was going this high but got carried away a little. The guy clams he is losing money on the deal but must sell I gave him a way out but he wanted me to pay for ebay so it looks like I am going to Wisconsin! I'm from Minnesota its about a 600 mile drive. Thanks KSever for the offer! In Indiana you have some good deals I saw one at a local dealer a 7117 with a just ok single stage blower for 1795.00 and they would not move on the price and the paint was half gone .The 917 will hve share garage space with my prestige. Just wanted to find out what people on this sight thought about the deal . Thanks again for replying Capt. Ron

Ron: I think you get what you pay for, and that looks like a fine machine with some extras you got there. Brent: 14 tractors? Sheesh! And if that's the most you paid, for that pretty machine, well, I think I'll call you when I need another machine! Nice job. What's the "NML"? Peter

Peter - I sold most of them off as they were either foot-draggers and/or 3 speeds - neither of which I particularly care for. Down to just the 916H, 716H and 716-6 now. NML stands for Northwestern Mutual Life. An insurance company based in Milwaukee. If you ever walked through one of their buildings you'd see who is making the money in this country. Marble and terrazzo floors, full cafeteria with FREE food for the employees (or at least it was back then), expensive artwork everywhere, very high dollar finishes throughout. They built an 18 story building next to 2 others in the late 80's and remodeled a 14 story building in the early 90's. Brent