Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
DaleC

Speaking of cabs...?

DaleC
I have noticed that a lot of hot air is exhausted out the front of the Big Ten and B-12 from cooling the motor. Has anyone ever toyed with the idea of ducting that warm air into the cab to keep the feet warm. I can keep everything warm but my blame feet when working in the extreme cold of Kentucky :-). It seems to me that as long as it was at least cool weather that it wouldn't affect the cooling of the motor, but might pay big dividends for the driver.

JoeJ
Dale, ;)I think you could make it work. Useing a mini heat exchanger you could draw the air from back by you if worried about the fumes. And unless driving constantly in reverse, your getting those fumes anyway.

ka9bxg
They used the heathouser for years on farm tractors.I know quite a few farmers still using them on tractors.They do not have roofs on them or backs.I would not be afraid of getting gased out.I have a part cab on my bobcat and open in the back.I do not have any problems with it.What are you talking about Cold weather in Ky. Go up to mph's place and then you can talk about colddddd.Bob

MikeES
The Case/Ingersol have the engine in backwards and blows all the hot air towards the driver. Just put the engine in backwards, you will get lots of hot air plus and 3 speeds in reverse, but only 1 speed forward, but you will be warm.