Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

electric lift

badcars

anyone ever tried to rig an electric actuator for a rear lift. i know this is an origninal setup, but mine was not available with lift and i have seen some on ebay 12v that can handle 1000 pounds. just a thought. badcars

How about a used electric lift/trim unit as used on the larger outboard motors. Some were pure electric and some were electric/hydraulic. More food for thought. RayH

I've thought of doing the same thing and with the prices on used simplicity lifts these seem to be a bargain and look very similar to the one on my Agco-Allis. Item number: 2451564217

Hi Joe sorry I wasn't paying attention here. I found these and several others on ebay after I saw an ad in Rod and Custom Mag for Linear Actuators so that's what I put in the search on ebay and wah lah these popped up. I like the fact that they come in different lenghts. there are two other sellers offering different lifting capacity and some rather long lengths and up to 10 inches of travel. Most of these are for custom car applications where you tilt the front sheet metal open or for trunks and hood opening. Look interesting don't they?

They look very similiar to the one on my 416, there's no reason why you shouldnt be able to apply down pressure with an electric lift is there? Could be handy when scraping frozen dirt/snow/....

I see on ebay that the ones pictured are 95 bux each and apply 110 lbs of force in either direction. How much does the Simplicity actuator lift? There are dozens of manufacturers who make them primarily for the industrial/manufacturing industry. Here's one that I found that looks like they will sell directly, have many size/weight configurations, but no prices listed... http://www.duffnorton.com/emact.htm

• 2 weeks later...
In the spring one of my projects is to take a self contained Meyers pump for a snowplow and have it raise and lower a front bucket.I don't know how really strong gear-reduction units are but I can vouch for hydraulic power.Those motors on the gear units look mighty small to me.

Do you think your charging system is large enough to power the Meyers pump? That is one reason i was thinking of eliminating my S/G and replacing with flywheel gear starter and a small automotive alternator with built in regulator run off S/G drive.

• 3 weeks later...
Question for MaxMotorman1234 (and anyone else): What are the dimensions (length mainly) of the 416 electric lift mechanism? Does anyone know what the force specs are? Can anyone tell me what other mechanical parts are needed to add an electric lift? When I checked with my dealer, the lift and related parts were NLA. The Duff-Norton actuator looks pretty attactive. Does anyone know who made the original lift units for Simplicity? I'm very interested in adding this feature to my Allis-Chalmers 416H.