Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
slippery

tiller

RayS
I am pretty sure there was a low speed pulley kit for a B 10. I have downloaded from the Simplicity site before. You will have to find the diameter of that pulley. I think that it was 8 inches. Ray

RayS
Also here is a site where you can by pulleys and maybe someone can make this a link for all to see. www.phoenix-mfg.com/default.htm . After I paid my dealer 2 years ago 2-3 times more than I liked I found this site. They are probably where Simplicity gets there pulley`s from. It is a nice site with all different size pulleys. Ray

PatRarick
Standard pulley was 6" in diameter. The low speed pulley was an 8". For a time, there was also a 10" pulley for lower speed yet. I prefer the 10" pulley for tilling. Pat

KenK
I had a 9" pulley on my B-1 with a 32" tiller and 10" extentions.I was constantly clutching on the first pass,on the second pass is was just the right speed.I have since mounted a HD36" tiller on the HB-112 with hydro lift.This is the only way to go,I'm in heaven.;):D

ka9bxg
I did'nt know that they went up to a 9" pulley. I do have the 8" on my wonderboy 700 and it works O K I would like the tiller to go a little faster to break up the soil better as that clay does not like to grind up well but it grows dam good onions and straw berrys.Just a few more months of all this snow (HI HI) and I will be eating more of those great straw berrys again.Bob