Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tiller

slippery

the b10 does not go slow enought to till right . i right the cluch other wies the tiller will stop turing . can i go to a larger pully on the trany to slow the tractor down . help?

I am pretty sure there was a low speed pulley kit for a B 10. I have downloaded from the Simplicity site before. You will have to find the diameter of that pulley. I think that it was 8 inches. Ray

Also here is a site where you can by pulleys and maybe someone can make this a link for all to see. www.phoenix-mfg.com/default.htm . After I paid my dealer 2 years ago 2-3 times more than I liked I found this site. They are probably where Simplicity gets there pulley`s from. It is a nice site with all different size pulleys. Ray

Standard pulley was 6" in diameter. The low speed pulley was an 8". For a time, there was also a 10" pulley for lower speed yet. I prefer the 10" pulley for tilling. Pat

Or you can get a Hi/Lo pulley kit like I have listed on Ebay right now,LOL http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25573

I had a 9" pulley on my B-1 with a 32" tiller and 10" extentions.I was constantly clutching on the first pass,on the second pass is was just the right speed.I have since mounted a HD36" tiller on the HB-112 with hydro lift.This is the only way to go,I'm in heaven.;):D

thank you all for your help in this matter, i will try your suggestions. if i run into any problems i'll be back. tony

I did'nt know that they went up to a 9" pulley. I do have the 8" on my wonderboy 700 and it works O K I would like the tiller to go a little faster to break up the soil better as that clay does not like to grind up well but it grows dam good onions and straw berrys.Just a few more months of all this snow (HI HI) and I will be eating more of those great straw berrys again.Bob

hay bob i put a smaller pully o the tiller to make it sin faster that parts works fine went to a 4 inch pully.

You can also find some inexpensive pulleys at www.mfgsupply.com. Look under "Lawn mowers" and then "Pulleys/Idlers". /r David