Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Considering buying this REGENT ???

Tue

A local machine shop, has a Simplicity REGENT, for sale. I know it’s been used on a public school and may / may not have been treated to well… anyway I was wondering if you guys can tell from the picture if it’s a hydro model and if possible ( I don’t expect wonders) could tell med the model number. [img]http://www.maskinbladet.dk/data/74644094/5893_0.jpg[/img] Of cause I know that there are some work to be done, but it should run now with out problems … the price is 5.000 d. kr,- aprox. 850 $. Is it worth exchanging my 4212- 5 speed, for this tractor? I mean do I get a stronger tractor / better quality than I have now or is it a down grade (besides the hydro which I would love to have on my 4212)?

It`s sure appears to be a hydro from where the postion of shifter or hand control is located at. Not sure if it would be a down grade or a upgrade though. I think they had the same kinds of attachments available for both. Ray

Tue IMO you are in the same class of machine, depending on what condition the machine is in it may be worth looking into. If your machine is maintained well, i dont see the real need upgrade unless you are really wanting a hydro and the new bodystyle. Even then it is no great gain. take care and happy new year :)

Well the Regent took the place of the 4000 series so I think you would be getting basically the same tractor...But I think the newer regents went with the full width rollers on the mower deck which is a plus in my opinion..The hydro would be nice as well...

I don't know anything Tue, But, if you're talking classic tractors, that will get the chicks when you cruise into the local Hufbrew house, keep the 4212. Back in the late 60's and early 70's, when I motorcycled through Copenhagen, the chicks were great looking! I met Vietnam vets, back from being in country, who said they were never leaving there, cause the women were so beautiful, and kind, and really knew how to treat a man. I don't know Tue, I hear the same complaints today from the bunkhouse boys. So, if that's what you still have over there, really appreciative, gorgeous looking women, who don't have to pack on 10 pounds of make-up to try and look good, I say go with the classic 4212, they'll appreciate it.

Why not just buy the Regent and keep the old one? I say, if 1 is good, 2 is better. I bought a newer Simplicity late summer, 2003. It started giving me mechanical trouble a month later. Because I have a 'backup' tractor, I can still do my lawn/garden chores while I fiddle with the new tractor. I enjoy tinkering much more if I don't have a pressing job that needs done. Some folks say 'If 2 is better, 3 is best'. But that story's for a different post. Tacey

Tue, Remember you will have to make sure your neet trailor will work with the new LT. Also how about the blower??? I love my 4211H with blower and got a trailer just like yours (Thanks to Fuzzy, he had a new one in stock) Don't sell it just try and get a better deal on the hydro and then you'll have two. I'm thinking about a 50" deck myself and I've already got a 4211H and a Cub 1111H (They've got the same Briggs in them) !!!!!!!!!Two is deffinately better than one!!!!!!!! Mike