Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cut on a 50" Deck-Landlord

wasmeneh

Can somebody who's got one comment on the cut on the 50" deck on the early 90's Landlord? Love the cut on my 36" 3411H, will it compare? Thanks Mike BTW - Thanks John (Fuzzy) for the quick belt shipment got it Wed, Afternoon. Installed it today and with the brake adjustment the 4211H drives like new. Pretty quick from Wisc. to NC in 2 days.

I have the Agco-Allis which is the same as a landlord and it cuts even better than the 3416/ 48 in deck does, it makes my whole field look great. I am really impressed with the cut, I highly recommend you try one out somehow.

I have the 1717H-LC with a liquid cooled Kawasaki engine, I have been able to order all my parts thru my Simplicity Dealers. I have owned and loved the 3416H since 1979, but this new (for me anyhow) tractor is exceptionally nice and everything I have worked on is Simple to fix and nicely engineered. I will post pics with my many updates soon.

Rick, I'm looking at a used one with the 18HP briggs what do you think it's worth, I would have prefered the Kawa myself. Had a couple of Kawa motorcycles in my "yout" one was a real screamer, 3cyl 2 stroke, 500cc of pure terror with no brakes (before they had discs on front) Thanks Mike

I have a 1996 Landlord that I purchase new. My Landlord has a 16 horse Briggs, Manual transmission and a 50 inch deck. Mower does a great job mowing and mulching leaves. It will do a decent job multching grass. I do have a mulching attachment on it. Landlord has 650 hours on it. I am guessing at least 450 hours are mowing. Besides belts the only problem I had with this tractor is I had to replace negitive battery cable. I still have the orginal battery in it.

I'm no expert at pricing used tractors so I'm guessing in the 1000 range for a used early 90's in good shape and the Briggs motors are good motors and easy to find parts for. I really like the electric lift on my tractor after 25 years of using the manual lift on my 3416 and the hydro seems to be as good as the vickers if not better. I don't think you can go wrong with any Simplicity tractor they just seem to be built well IMO.

Hi, These are very good tractors, the mowers cut have a very good cut. They do tend to blow out a lot of grass that piles up on the top of the deck. If this bothers you, you can order an anti-blowout kit that reduces this tendency. The only drawback is if you mow thick very wet grass, it works better without it. On the early tractors keep the linkage on the hydro and clutch return to neutral parts well lubed and you should have few problems. As for the Kawasaki, Keeping the radiator screen cleared of grass is important. I personally tend to lean toward the Briggs. Almost as quiet and no liquid parts, water pump, thermostat, hoses, radiator, screens etc to mess with. If you get a Kaw, they are very good engines. If they don't want to idle, the vent in the top of the carb is plugged. Common problem. My 2 cents worth and its free, so value accordingly. Al Eden

Al is correct on all counts, I didn't know about the carb vent if mine starts to act up I'll now know where to look. Thanks Al, Hope you have a fine New Year and I always appreciate your fine advice.