Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1st tractor purchase of 04..and its a Red one..

SmilinSam

My first tractor purchased in 2004 will be a Red Cub 82 series this coming Sunday. Actually I'm picking 2 of em' up same day. The other is a friends that I'll be selling on Ebay along with the one I bought. Hmmmmm....Of course I could keep it...its Red you know......and I do seem to like Red paint:o)

SAM What size 82's are you getting. My buddie Charlie has some a 3 a 7 and a few more. He let me ride the 382 like a scooter at the S.C.R.A.P. show. The club there gave me a handycap card to put on the tractor. That let me take it anyware I needed to go. That's how I found Tim's camp site and made the deal on the B110. The 382's small size and hydro rear made it ideal for this task. Oh by the way it's red too.

quote:
Hmmmmm....Of course I could keep it...its Red you know......and I do seem to like Red paint:o)
Simply shocking....[:0];):D:D

Sure hope this ain't turning into a Cub Cadet forum. They already have one and we're not real welcome there. Going Orange (or A-C yellow) is going great!!

Thats alll right Jack, one of the 682's is going on Ebay tonight and the other in a week or so.. Cub Mower decks are really the pitts!

quote:
Sure hope this ain't turning into a Cub Cadet forum. They already have one and we're not real welcome there.
I went to a cornhuskers contest/plow day 2 years ago. I took my Landlord with a Vicking landscape/leveler attachment. There was a AC plowing with the IH group. AC plowed with the best of them. The gentleman with AC and I were welcomed by the IH group. I do belong to Simplicity&Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractor Club, Week End Freedom Machines( John Deere),and IH Cub Cadet group. Main reason I belong to all three groups is ALL tractors have their good and bad points. I'm trying to take the good points and improve my tractors. I have more problems with people on this group than I have had on other groups.

quote:
"I have more problems with people on this group than I have had on other groups."
Interesting comment. I wonder why our people are more troublesome.

Problems could mean 100 different things to 1000 different people.. anyhow ...: [img]http://i9.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/1f/5d/dc_1.JPG[/img] [img]http://i19.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/1f/db/77_1.JPG[/img] [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50372&item=2370689439[/url] Aint bad lookin old girl, but these things hand push like they got roots grown into the ground...

The one on the ground is a clean looking tractor. The one on the trailer looks like it has a black eye....B);):D:D

Yeah, Someone drove that one on the trailer into something pretty hard. Broke the grill, headlights and the front casting that holds the grill. DUI maybe??:D Both have th dreaded KT 17 series 1. The nice one needs an overhaul. The beat one I don't know about. Starter is bad and I'm not going to invest the time or money to replace it to find out how it runs. I figure "KT series 1 = JUNK" anyhow...