Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  

I've heard all now!!!!

I recently tracked down the 6ft. snowblower that came with my 4041 simplicity. The guy who traded in this tractor said he didn't need it so they cut it up for scrap. The best part was it was brand new and never used. Almost makes me want to puke. I guess there are still deals out there. I just was a couple days to late. LIKE ALWAYS. steve

andy gartner
The above boys... is totally, completely, correct in all their assertations. Just one little thingie as to why the above happened. My friend Paul Bunyon believes it's cause of the communists, or some al'cuy'o'te plot to pi** off Americans and frustrate'em.

the interesting part of this is that the original owner really just thought there was nobody out there who would have another tractor that this would fit on. He is totally computer, and big world ignorant. Moral is: there are still people out there who don't know what things are worth. Keep looking boys!!!!

thedaddycat
I just cut a blower up today. Actually I used the torch to strip it of every usable part. The shell is rusted out and junk. The impact gun took the right end off no problem, but I used the torch rather than try to remove the drive gear. Who needed an auger?

This was a three belt blower, so I cut off the input shaft bolts to save the shaft. The wear bar still had a lot of life lift to it so that came off. The bolts were so rusted that they would have needed replacement anyhow. I also cut out the bracket that the hitch bolted to. Why???

Though I cut it out to use in making a grader blade hitch, it could be used as a repair part for this plow. Some folks might just junk the plow and blower both, but you can use one to fix the other.... How's THAT for interchangability? How many rusted out old three belt blowers went to that great scrap heap in the sky, when they could have lived on as part of another implement????