Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
maxtorman1234

Getting 310 Back Together

maxtorman1234
After almost a year, Im done fixing the bgb in the 310. The driveshaft was loose and ruined the bearings in the old bgb. I eventually bought a bgb from Rokon and its great. After that, the threads on the shaft were damaged, so we looked for a dye for a few months but found nothing. I eventually took some time and fixed them with a small file:D. For the last month i've been working on the 416 and havent had any time for that. Now, all the other tractors are fixed for now and running good, I got a chance to work on the 310 today. I got the other bgb bolted in and everything reconnected. Got the fenders and hood on, and now just need to do some work on the engine. It looks like a tractor once again, just needs a little work. Its all original and garage kept since new. It looks pretty good, but it dosent look as good as the 416:). All we need to do the engine, is get a starting gear for the starter, convert it to points and get a feul pump rebuild kit. Its almost done:D:D:D

ROBBYDOB
Bout the same condition as mine Graham, if I ever get time, all it needs is to be reringed. I'll put a new piston in it just because, and the bore is fine. I'm looking forward to using it, with the varispeed and narrow front tires, it should be good in the snow. By the way, my 310 has head lights, like your 416, do I have the wrong hood?

maxtorman1234
Are your decals the same as mine? Because if they are, im guessing you have the right hood, since lights were an option on the 310 (http://www.simpletractors.com/models/ac_300_series.htm) . My variable dosent work either. For some reason, the pully on the bgb just dosent want to move. I'll have to look closer at it when we get it running. I dont have the proper tires on the rear either, but the tread looks more aggressive than the carsliles. I think i'll like my 416 better than the 310 because it has the electric clutch, electric lift, lights, and it is 6hp larger and is hydrostatic. Its great the deck and belts fit both. :D