Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Att: Simplicity collectors!!!

Jason

:)Hi, my local Agco Allis lawn and Garden Dealer ship named Hyde Brothers Farm Equipment in Hensall Ontario Canada has 2 old simplicity tractors for sale. One I belive is a 3210 or 3410, but it is old and from the early to late sixtys. It needs some TLC, and engine won't run, but does come with a blade mounted on the front. The other tractor is a Allis 912 with a 38 inch deck and can start and is hydrostatic. The Dealer wants $800.00 dallers canadian for it. The dealer want's sell them real bad or else they will get a truck in and haul them to a junk yard, which I don't think any collector wants to see happen. I would buy them if I had the room but I don't they need a loving home. Here is there website, athough there is no picture of them on it, it does have an email address where you can send a request for photo's: www.hydebrothers.com I wanted to tell you about these tractor before they end up like that new snowblower someone was saying that got cut up! Take Care Ps : Here is the phone number 1-800 - 262-2605

I could afford them for a hundred dollars,but then I don't have any room for them.I wanted to let people on here now about these tractors, because they need a good home.

I wish I could afford them, because the trip wouldnt be too bad, and it would be neat to get a simplicity to work on.

Dont see them on the site, it seems to me that the dealers dont care to say they have these Simplicity/AC or Deutz tractors. There is a 21hp Deutz deisel at the Kubota dealer here but Its not on the site, and I know its still there.

They want $800,or they'll haul them for scrap? Scrap price is probably less than $50.00 each.Buy 'em for $100,and place them on EBay.That way,the dealer's happy,you're happy,and the tractors stay out of the scrap heap.

Kenny, That's the train of thought I was going for. But I guess it's the different strokes thing. It sure makes sence to me and you but guess not that dealer.

Ya, I don't Know what to do, maxtorman 1234, If you would like I can find out what the price of the 3210 is, I am sure it is pretty cheap.I think $800.00 Canadian is a little to much for a 912 in rough shap. The Dealer also sold a while back a 914 in execellent shape(looked like new)for $1500 canadian. Hyde's website does not advertise there lawn equipment very well, which they should. Oh well when they move to their new location about 2 km's north of Hensall maybe it will change. About that 21 hp Deutz Desiel tractor, What Kbouta Dealer is it at and do you know if it is a 5220 or a new Deutz Compact tractor? Thanks Jason

I once tried to buy a tractor the same way, the guy wanted $500 or he was going to do the same thing bring it to the junk yard. I offered him $200 and he said no way $500 or nothing, I said ok, nothing. I was later told by a relative he did bring it to the junk yard....

He crazy to do something like,he should have sold you the tractor for $200.00 he at least would have made some money, $200.00 in his pocket is better then nothing at all, especially if he was desperate to get ride of it to a junk yard after he turned your offer down, I can't understand some people who would junk something that could be worth some thing to somone else. It's like a guy I read on this site who junked a perfectly good snowblower that I think was worth a bit of money. Take Care Jason

Yes, can you ask to see what he wants for the 3210 for me? The deutz i think was a 5221 and i can find out the name of the dealer if you want. Thanks,

Jason, Hensall,Ontario is over 8 hours round trip from me.:( Too bad these tractors are too far away from me.;) The Allis Chalmers 912H should have a 42 mower deck. [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

quote:
Originally posted by Boney
I once tried to buy a tractor the same way, the guy wanted $500 or he was going to do the same thing bring it to the junk yard. I offered him $200 and he said no way $500 or nothing, I said ok, nothing. I was later told by a relative he did bring it to the junk yard....
My old boss was like that, That's why I quit. He had a 17 hp Kohler engine He offered me for $150.00 after he took a lot of necessary parts off it. I offered him 50.00. He said, no and he took it to the junk yard. guess what he got for it?... $2.00 for scrap. And he's still thick headed.

Yes, That will be great, I will call the dealer tommorrow to find out for you. went by the dealer to day and the whole lot is empty, they just got finshed moving there equipment out to there new location. Hopefully they still have that 3210 simplicity with blade! I will get back to you sometime next week about that 3210! Jason

If they are still there and a couple of hundred US will buy them let me Know as I wil run up and get them. John

Can you offer him 200$ for both for me?. Because if he's still gonna scrap it, he really isnt using his head when he could be making money. Thanks,

How about follow them when they go to the junkyard or when the scrap man comes and offer the scrap man some money and buy it like that after it has left the dealer's possesseion? I'd love to see the look on the dealers face when you buy them dirt cheap from the scrap man.

I Tried to e-mail to see if I could find anything out and all i got was this : This is the Barracuda Spam Firewall at barracuda.hurontel.on.ca. I'm sorry to inform you that the message below could not be delivered. When delivery was attempted, the following error was returned. <hydesales@tcc.on.ca>: host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 550 5.7.1 Message content rejected, UBE, id=30448-01-118 (in reply to end of DATA command) Guess im just going to have to try again,

How can one become a collector with a limitted amount of money? I have the will and the way but I would like some tips from the pros as to how to find those great free deals, or marry my daughter and you can have this tractor kind of things.

Unless you know the intimate details of the man’s business, I wouldn’t be too quick to judge his rationale. I’ve done the same thing in my business. Suppose the scrap dealer will buy that tractor and all the other tractors on the lot in a package deal, plus haul away all the rusty iron, bald tires, and pile of broken engine parts? How many retail buyers will do that? My scrap dealer wasn’t a fool. I always had to include something with the junk so that he could make a few dollars. It’s a two way street. The story I most like to tell is when I had a contract with an insurance company to buy all their salvage at a flat percent. I had to take the good with the bad. One week one of my drivers picked up a brand new car that had been completely burned. He saw my check for over $2000. The next week he picked up another new car that had been under salt water for 6 months. Both cars were worthless. The driver laughed (behind my back) and told other employees how stupid I was and how I had been screwed. A few weeks later the same driver picked up a recovered theft. The car was like brand new. He wanted me to sell him that car for what I paid, plus a $500 profit. I told him I would sell him all three cars for what I paid for them plus the $500 profit. He rejected my offer.

Hi Just talked to my dealer and told them that there were some people interested in the 912 and the 3210 simplicity! They were glade to hear it as for sending them to the scrap yard they have changed their minds about it, since they realized that they can make money off of them. As for the 912 the dealer wants $800.00- $900.00 for it right on.As for the 3210 I think the salesman will be negotiable with it since it is old and needs some work. The salesman is out of his office this week and will be back next Monday. You can email him at this new address hydesales@tec.on.ca and when you email him address it to Bill Workman, he is in charge of all the lawn and Garden equipment that comes into the dealer. They are in the process of moving equipment to their location on highway #4 a mile and a quater out of Hensall Ontario heading towards Exeter Ontario.Take Care Jason

Thanks, thats good news(sorta) I dont think hes gonna get 800-900$ from too many people if its in rough condition. So now I know why im not getting replys. I hope he dosnet want too much for the 3210

For the 3210, you will probably get a good deal on it since it is old and in rough shape and one of rear tires is flat, the last I saw it was, I don't think the engine runs on it, so the price should be cheap since they are moving to a new location. The sales man will be back monday, in case you can't email him you can phone the dealer at 519-262 -2605! The dealer also has some old allis -chalmers roter tillers and snowblowers for lawn tractors for sale as well. Take Care Jason

Got a reply today, Says there are 2 912H's with 42" Decks, wants 500$ for one and 925$ for the other, A little high for mexx(