Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

work horse

RedbarnRick

This is my 3416h I bought it used in 1979, when I got it home I started mowing with it, and twenty feet later the left front wheel/tire came off. After looking in the grass for the hub and other parts I put it back together and almost loaded it up to bring it back to the dealer, well after the bloodpressure dropped back to normal, I went back to mowing and this baby hasn't stopped yet, it's mowed 5-7 acres it's entire life. It's tilled up at least twenty gardens, the pathway for the stone walk using the tiller and grader, and using the same set up it dug a nice big hole for the pond in the backyard, I tore up the BGB dragging a fallen tree out of the fence line and being cheap reused the chipped gears (they were only two years old was my excuse) so I will be rebuilding that again come spring. It's currently sitting around waiting for snow with a new carb on it and a snowblade and chains. Oh I forgot to mention it's still running on the original engine never rebuilt, just well maintained. [img]uploaded/redbarnrick/34164.JPG[/img] [img]uploaded/redbarnrick/3416h1.JPG[/img] [img]uploaded/redbarnrick/3416h2.JPG[/img] [img]uploaded/redbarnrick/3416h3.JPG[/img]

The problem was being caused by the blank space in your username, not what you're doing with the pictures. Since the pictures are stored in a folder on the server with your username -- and computers hate blank spaces in file names or folders... Maynard or someone else has likely been fixing your previous posts.... I changed your username to get rid of the blank space, so you may need to log out, then log back in for everything to work OK for you.

Hi I just figured that out when I logged in and my usual typing didn't work, Thanks again Kent and Maynard you guys are Dedicated

I thought they went too the sunstrand hydro's in these. Yours looks to clean and nice to use and get dirty. By the way what models HAD the last Vickers hydro's in them?

These 3400 series were the last of the Vickers, I think. The 7000 series were all Sundstrands, as far as I know -- but I'm certainly not an RBT expert.

Nice clean looking tractor. Keep hoping to find a bargin Vicers for my 3314.Its not as good looking but other then the hydro missing its all there. MPH

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
These 3400 series were the last of the Vickers, I think. The 7000 series were all Sundstrands, as far as I know -- but I'm certainly not an RBT expert.
I've owned a couple of early System 7000's and they had Vickers in them.

quote:
I've owned a couple of early System 7000's and they had Vickers in them.
Certainly glad I don't pretend to know much about RBTs... :D

The pictures hide alot of the little dents and scratches, this baby has gotten dirty plenty, I blow it off with air everytime I'm done mowing and a powerwasher helps keep the grime off it. I painted the hood and seat deck, wheels and some other stuff 4 years ago using spray bombs. I added an adjustable seat with springs to help my aging fanny, from a new sovereign parts book. I still have a few repairs to make to the tiller and the original deck which is in good shape except I tore off the rollers and shroud behind the center blade.