Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Carryall box (Boxes)

UCD

Maynard, nice dumps, i like the idea of that, does the back side of the box drop ? Can you give us any info on how they work ?

RedbarnRick No I didn't make them. The magic is to take one off and put the other one on. JoeJ Not "trying" to say anything in-particular. The orange one would look good on the 7790. MDB That is the HB-116, the HB-212 is in the garage with the mower deck still on it Rob Yes it is and yes it does. Will work even better when I get the xtra hd Vbar 2 link chains on it. Boney Yes the back gate does lift off. They are Carry-all boxes Simplicity MFG# 274 originaly made for the 725.

Maynard do you think if that box was filled with dirt and you tilted it all the dirt would slide out? Darn now there are two things I want to get this summer, snow blade and this dump box, boy the Orange Show can't come fast enought lol lol

Maynard those would make one heck of a nice large tool box for around the yard rakes and spades and who knows what else.

Thats what the Simplicity Carryall Box looks like [:0]:)and it dumps too. And you have a Carryall Box in two colors. Nice looking tractor and you even have snow on the ground. All we have up is mud and grass.;) Karl

I was wondering if you could take some pictures of the hitch and bottom of the box. So I can get a better view of it all. I would like to make one of those one day. :) William Jordan

The Carry-All Box was available in 1963 and 1964, I believe. That would make it a contemporary of the Landlord(9 hp) tractor. If I ever decide to assemble my NOS one, it will be to put on a restored or very nice original Landlord.

AAhhrg. You painted it sort of yellow! Glad to see it made it "home". P.S. Harry doesn't miss it, but I might, someday. p.p.s. can't believe $100 attracted this much attention. :D

I know kirk "thedaddycat" had one that has never been put together. I tyed to buy it from him, but I got the impression he wanted to keep it. Oh well. So I had to make one my self. I'll post a pic when I find one. Elon

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
The Carry-All Box was available in 1963 and 1964, I believe. That would make it a contemporary of the Landlord(9 hp) tractor. If I ever decide to assemble my NOS one, it will be to put on a restored or very nice original Landlord.
Oh you are a sly devil;):o)

I can post pics of mine, but the parts are still wired in for shipping so details maght be hard to sort out..... Elon, can you make it tomorrow?

My box realy is just for weight or carrying stuf. I didnt make a tail gate or anything. I used steel mesh for the sides and bottom. So its really for carrying tools and such. I caint find the old pictures of it So after some coffee I'l go out and take some new ones. Elon

Elon, Look in My Area >> My Start Page, then go to Manage Attached Photos on the left side. It will list all the photos you've put in topics or replies. Click on the picture you want to display it, then right click and copy the URL of that picture....

WOW Kent........ I know I post quite a few pics, I never realized that it was 58 meg worth just from me..

Oh..... I didnt know you could do that Kent! I was looking on my hard disk for the pictures. That will come in hany in the future:D. Any way after a few cups of coffee I went out and snaped a few new ones. [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/carryall.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/carryall2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/carryall5.jpg[/img] After taking these pictures I discoverd this.....[:0][:0] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/opps.jpg[/img] I guess I have to fix this before we get another storm:(:( Elon

Maynard I'd call you one lucky dog but.....I think it has more to do with open eyes,patience and a few dollars in hand at the right time. Darn those are nice! Elon you've done a super job on that carry box! I need to "borrow" an idea or two from you design. And yep, I'm not sure if thats a foot-warmer or just too close to the exhaust but it does need attention. Larry