Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

  • Announcements

    • Kent

      Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

      If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

      Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

      See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  

K241 Makeover

Recommended Posts

I decided to attempt going all the way with this one. She’s looking rough but fires right up and pulls a load without a problem.

Being my first time I was surprised how easy it is to clean up the head and combustion chamber. I checked the valve clearance, they are right to spec.

I replaced the head on the block, torqued to specs and hey; she still fires up and runs! Then I removed all that I could off the block and cleaned, wire brushed it all. I bought some Duplicolor Engine paint and had a go with it. Being a perfectionist I’ve let my self down on this. I figure I can muff the first one and do better on the next.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this