Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
wasmeneh

7018H Questions?

Karl_Brandt
I also have one Allis Chalmers 718H. Mine has a blown head gasket again:(never had time to fix the tractor. Bad things are #1 cylinder head warps #2 bushings for valves come loose #3 valve seats come loose. Engine was only made for a few years. [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

SmilinSam
....#4 alot of the parts involving the head and valve train are and may be no longer available. I think the rest of the engine share pretty much the same specs as the 16 hp K341.

DaveM
I have had a 7018H (or it has been in my family) for 18 years with little or no problems. The only problems we or I've had with the engine I've been able to easily fix myself, and I'm not much of a mechanic. I'd go for it. The engine is very powerful. I wouldn't part with mine. DaveM

Commissioner
Hello.....My dad has one, same problems as Karl mentions, head warp etc. Tractor is good but he is thinking of putting it up for sale soon. I believe he said it runs now but as soon as it heats up you have valve problems.

BillC
There is very good reason why Kohler only manufactured the K361 18HP single cylinder OHV engine for only a few years and the reasons are all mentioned above. I know, I had one. Notice the word "HAD." HAD the same problems. HAd to replace it with a K341 16HP.