Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
grlt1

Light bulbs for 7016...

grlt1
I recently bought a 7016 mower and need to replace my light bulbs. I have a couple of questions about where to get them. The bulb looks like a standard automotive style bulb. The two that I pulled from the tractor were GE 1195's. The parts manual that I downloaded from Simplicity has a bulb number of 1293. When I looked at WalMart and Autozone today, neither of them carried either number. Is this something only a Simplicity dealer would carry? I saw a post from mid December talking about bulbs for a 3416 and they weren't available anymore. If the bulbs aren't available, are there any tips to retrofit a new bulb? Thanks for your help, Kevin

RedbarnRick
Your bulbs should be readily available and are different than the 3416 bulbs try a search on the web for 12 volt light bulbs, I have researched the 3416 bulbs and the exact replacement is known as an ANSI No. P6439 but at $23 bucks apiece. I found another similar bulb to try out and I will post if it is a successful fit.