Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ready to move some snow

Mack

Tractors are ready to move some snow but all we have is rain!We are under a flood warning now and it is still raining.I had to put sand bags infront of the garage doors as the whole driveway is under water.Looks like it will change to freezing rain tonight.Even if we get snow I won't be able to get the tractors out of the garage untill the water goes down :(!

I just got done blowing 2' drifts around here. Nice outfit you have there. Cabs are worth their weight in gold as far as I'm concerned when you get out in that cold wind....

I also was out moving snow. It was not much of an challenge, about 4inches of fluff. But it was first chance to try out cab . Which was nice but have to add lights.And manual lift was a nusance to use. Blade worked well. However I did not have chains on, did not need them for pushing, but found my self spinning several times. I want Ag tires and i have too much air pressure in what i have. Was a challenge to use all new(to me) equipment, the cab, the blade, the hydro. What i need now is finesse which i made up for in form of a shovel. But tractor ran well no breakdowns .

The one with the cab is a great looking rig, especially with the ag tires! One of these days I'll have to get a cab and blower.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Fold up that cab and mail it me and maybe the snow gods will give you some;););)
Just a thought Marty, but how would vinyl hold up in the sub zero temps you have? I was wondering if it would get brittle in that cold..

I'll keep it parked in the shop Sam. 20 below is about as cold as I play in anyway, which, not sure how it would hold up at that. Might hav to stop in and see the jeep dealer to see what they use on thier rag tops... MPH

Marty -20° -30° is no problem. Mine has been out side 6 or 7 hrs at that temp. Last year it stayed below -20° for over 2 weeks and it was that cold in my garage only heat in there is heat lamp to get diesel started.

Mack,Very nice tractor. What model is that?I have a 314D without the cab. I love it. I wish I could find a cab for it or my 7112H.

The one with the cab is a 314 Hydro.I just got this tractor this past fall and have not gotten much seat time on it.This is the first hydrostatic tractor I have had. So looking forward to getting some seat time if we ever get some snow! Luckily to water went down before the temps dropped.