Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fun in the Snow

RedbarnRick

Well we got snow here 60 miles west of Chicago about 6 inches with drifts. I got to try out the blower on the Agco today, it worked great until the tube attatched to the spout rotator with the cable on it let loose, both tack welds broke loose from rust, so I went to start the 3416 with the blade on it and it didn't want to start until I flicked the throttle overriding the govenor, seems I must have it in the wrong hole or something. Once it warmed up the 3416 ran fine and I finished up the first pass and headed to the shop for repairs, once they were done I got my wife to shoot a couple of action photo's (if you call a frozen grip on a steering wheel action)

This is why I'm RedbarnRick

The Fleet

In the shop for a quick repair, I drilled thru the tube into the rod and tapped two 10-24 pan head machine screws into it to hold it in place 1/2 an hour later and back in business.

This is a weight box I made it holds four large landscaping blocks and room on top for a bag of salt if needed but it never slipped once, although I still want to see if I can make the set of chains for the front work. The blower tends to steer the tractor not the front wheels until I lift it up a bit.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
Nice tractors and nice barn!
Hey Chris what pictures are you looking at ? i can't see a thing ?

Hey Kent I hate to bother you again but I still am having technical difficulties with the pictures, I can click on the red x and log in to veiw them but they aren't coming into the post. I am following UCD's update to the letter, have it printed out in front of me. If I preview the post and it does not load the pics should I continue or fold?

Good looking tractors and nice red barn.;) I also have a Simplicity 3416H with 46"snow blade,ready for snow. All the snow we got today was enough to cover the driveway.;) [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun in the snow yesterday, the barns 12 years old now it's 30x40 2-story and it's still not big enough. Thanks UCD for setting us on the straight and narrow on the picture posting, I have printed out the new bible and will follow it to a T. God bless you computer savvy guys that just keep pulling us out of our jams.