Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Allis_B12

Picked up some goodies...

Allis_B12
I cleaned out my grandmother's garage and found these odds 'n ends.

The only thing I didn't find was the high-low setup. Must've been thrown away before my time.

I found the weights in a stack of old firewood. They're not yellow, but they're heavy and work well.

Do you guys think the dealer sticker is worth saving if I paint this?

I've never seen the worklight here before. The light has a "G" shield and is identical to the front lights. Is it something worth holding on to?

thedaddycat
The light would be a good trade item or if you want to restore a tractor and have that option then the OEM one is a must have item. Otherwise there are many lights that would work on both front and rear. I haven't seen too many weights that had all four holes drilled, usually just two of them. Tire chains are another good trade item or if you want to plow snow they are almost a must. Maybe not with the ag tires, but with turf tires for sure.....

Boney
Kirk, when i comes to finding tractor parts,,,,u da man !!!,,, i think you could find parts for a Simplicity tractor in a John Deere show room, lol lol { all said with only good thoughts} Wish I had your nose for tractor parts.... What is that yellow pipe with the curved metal plate on the end ?

Bunky
There's some good stuff and probably if you hadn't of found them they would of went off to the Scrap yard or Garbage.. Whats the bar thing????? Never know if you look some more you might find the rest of the HI-lo..

Allis_B12
I do want a mower deck, Daddycat, but I'll pay in cash. I just wanted to know if anyone had the OEM worklight or had seen one recently, because I haven't seen another one in person. I think it will be possible to save and use all three OEM lights. Bunky, the bar behind my tractor is part of a cart. I drove it up to my house to take pictures of the wheel weights and bring the stuff down to my shed. Who wants to carry wet tire chains, especially when you can get the tractor out to haul them? I looked very carefully for the Hi-Lo when cleaning out my grandmother's garage. If it was there, it's gone now.

thedaddycat
OK, so what do you want in cash for the lights? One reason I have a bunch of stuff to trade is that when I want or need something I can make someone a tempting offer. Just ask around, I'm sure Dan, Elon or Reed will confirm it.......