Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
bkassulke

Deutz Allis Color

bkassulke
What is wrong with the Deutz Allis Green? I mean people are always saying that it is something that they would have to get used to? What color would you prefer instead for all those green haters.

dirtsaver
Ben I think there are two factions at work here. One is the folks that equate green with that "other" tractor brand(JD). The second group just likes to tease and use a BIG spoon ;^) I guess I'm a candidate for dual membership ;^). I have to admit if I found one of the right model down here I'd add it to the fleet along with one of the blue(Homelite) ones

mwells
It doesn't matter what color the Allis/Simplicity mowers are in my book, Its how there built. As long as they work good in any condisions (Snow, mowing, tilling, etc.), last a long time, and are built to work. I'd take an orange, green or yellow. You can alway repaint them if you just can't stand the color.

Dutch
Resale value may have something to do with it (to some people color is important). But for the most part, I think most of the teasing here is like the FDT vs. RBT thing. Why do some people "love" to eat liver and others "hate" it? More importantly, why do some people "love" me and others "hate" me?

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by dutch More importantly, why do some people "love" me and others "hate" me?
Because you're you? I dunno, but these questions are getting too tough for me... :D

Karl_Brandt
There is nothing wrong with the Deutz Allis Green. Looks like the same green as Lawnboy's push lawnmowers.:D:D I have these tractors in orange,yellow,green...all made by the same MFG.;) [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

Dutch
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
What wrong with Deutz green? Is UGLY MPH
Marty, better watch your step. Is that NAME CALLING? Like Kent said, "I dunno, but these questions are getting too tough for me..." Why is some name calling acceptable and others not? For example, "ugly" vs. "beautiful" or "smart" vs. "stupid."

Dutch
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Because you're you? I dunno, but these questions are getting too tough for me... :D
That's for sure! I'm certainly not someone else. Like I tell my wife when she starts in on me........... Think of my act like a great Broadway show with people lined up around the block to see it. Just because you've seen the show every day for over 42 years doesn't make it less great. It's just that you're getting bored, and that's your problem. Or, I tell her I'm like a million dollar painting. You have to view it from an appropriate distance to appreciate it's true beauty. How would a Rembrandt look if you examined just one square inch under a magnifying glass?

Dutch
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Would I had been PC if had I put IMO after ugly Herb? MPH
Marty, you certainly know I'm not an expert on PC. I have no idea. Thankfully that's not my call. Only one of the moderators will be able to say. Then they can be criticized for making (or not making) the decision, regardless of what it is.

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by dutch
Why is some name calling acceptable and others not? For example, "ugly" vs. "beautiful" or "smart" vs. "stupid."
Maybe because when ugly or stupid are used to describe me, the person could be accused of stating the obvious, but "a rose by any other name still has thorns..."

AGCO918
The problem with the deutz green is that when Deutz bought Allis Chalmers out Dec.6 ,1985 ,they made alot of dealers and people not like the color at all.I have never had respect for a company that buys someone out and then buries it.Yes ,it happens everyday ,but when you lose sales because a color is changed ,there is a problem.Thankfulily the color was brought back with the 9100 series high hp tractors from the Coldwater ohio plant that is up the road from me 30 minutes.So ,that is the best answer i can give you.Alot of the Allis chalmers dealers went out of bussiness or changed to New Holland or other sideline brands because of this and that is why i cant stand the color at all.The tractor line is better orange than the green because it sells better and because people have roots with the AC color and brand.

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by Nubian
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
What wrong with Deutz green? Is UGLY MPH
are you saying my blood is ugly? B)
Not at all, and your tractors that I've seen firsthand are beautiful.... :D

MPH
I can't say that till I poke you with a pin Eddy, and your a long ways away. I must agree with Kent from the pictures you've posted that your tractors are beautiful, just that the color of one of them sucks... MPH

Jason
I don't have anything agaist Duetz -Allis Green at all, The Duetz -Allis green really looks nice on the 1900 Utama Series Garden Tractors and Nubians 5215's which from the pictures look like they are brand new. The only thing that makes the Duetz green look ugly is if you leave your Duetz -Allis tractor out in the sun to long which causes the paint to fade away, the same goes for any other colour to if you take care of your tractor and keep it stored inside then the colour stays almost orginal. I bought a 1996 Agco Allis 1920H and has such great paint on it that it almost looks new. I also saw a poor Duetz Allis 1918 which was not taken care of and had been sitting out side since it was new or someone told me, the green was faded so badly that the tractor looked more white then green. Duetz -Allis Green is a good colour as long as you store it to prevent the green from faiding along with any other colour Take Care Jason

Ronald Hribar
I personally like the Allis orange. I have the Simplicity cream. I may repaint it Allis orange. I bid on a Deutz and if I was sucessful ,was planning on repainting to Allis orange. The only connection that I have to Allis was 50 years ago,We had an Allis tractor and a round baler. So while I have fond memories of holding on the steering wheel while trying to depress clutch, I just think Allis Orange looks good