Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Tim_S

Work for spring

Tim_S
I have been looking for a leaf vac for some time, I went to pick up the 5216 and also happened to see the E-Z vac. He only wanted 50.00 for it so I went for it. It has a Kohler CH6T engine on it that is locked, I have no idea what I'm into there, I think I'll try to free it up hopefully not a slung rod. The trailer needs some welding and I'll need to make it fit the 6216 I have. What do you think? It looks to be pretty old but the same basic concept as the afri-fab. How would you go about painting this? Spray or brush? Have any of you ever had something like this powder coated? There is a place that does that right down the road but I dont know how much $$ they would charge.

Tim_S
No it doesnt, at least I don't see any pulleys on the rear. I do have the attachment on the side that is belt driven with the impeller that mounts to the side of the deck and fills the bagger and was wondering if it would maybe do the job?

Tim_S
I wondered if maybe the motor was just seized from sitting for years(at least I'm hoping that way)The motor a Kohler CH6T lists for 389.00 new, it has OHV and compression unload on start. Its a great motor if I can make it run.Anyone have any experience with "unseizing" a motor? I figured maybe I could shoot some WD40 down the plug hole and remove the shroud to see of the flywheel is frozen to the pickup coil,heck as good as this motor is I might even consider replacing internal parts if its doable.