Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B10 Loader and Blade

darylcress

I finally gott he loader running. It was pretty exciting. I still have some testing yet to do, but preliminary tests show a 500 pound lift will be no problem. Lift height is 60 inches at the lower bucket pins. After some more testing, paint and cosmetics will follow. I also made a universal hitch and an adapter to mount the front blade on the back. It also serves as a counterweight. I added a cylinder to the lift (under the seat) while I was modifying. The hitch will fit all of my tractors. This is not at all a restoration, but a usable piece of equipment (as well as a fun project). I could not get the pictures to post so I put them in my gallery.

The pictures won't come up on my computer I don't know if its like this for others or not. My uncle (Greg Wells) showed me the pictures you sent him. Looks like it is built heavy enough. Have fun!!

Here they are: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/darylcress/DCP02654a.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/darylcress/DCP02655a.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/darylcress/DCP02656a.JPG[/img] Looks like a great job! I really like that rear blade. I'd like to have a setup like that to use instead of my weight box.

I did design (loosely used) the loader myself. That is the fun part for me. It was not all guess work. I built the frame from wood and then transferred the dimensions to CAD and done load and lift calculations there. I still have a long way to go to get the project finished, but getting it moving was a great feeling. When I get some time in the next few weeks I will try to take more pictures and details and send an article for those who may be interested in building their own.

Wow! Nice setup, looks good. That loader don't look like it would ever fail, I'll bet that adds some hefty weight to your rig!

Daryl, What a wonderful job of making the most of a tractor. I love the fabracation for the rear blade. Do you use a stick welder or a mig? Do you have any idea what the weight of the loader is? How much breakaway and lift do you project for the loader? What kind of pump did you use for the hydraulics?

Great Loader I have been thinking of building a loader for one of my Tractors... I have looked at Cad plans and I guess I'm just being cheap I haven't spent any money.. I also thought about designing my own loader. just haven't put the plan in motion.... Great job..

Good job on the loader. 500lbs for a small loader is very strong.[:0] Very interesting rear blade setup. Karl

I have not done full testing yet, but I carried 250 pounds of concrete across the yard yesterday and it handled it fine. Hydraulic pressure to lift was only 1000 PSI. I also tried to lift some 1000 pound blocks of concrete and did end up lifting a corner without a problem. It was just a test and I did not expect to move tham. My big tractor struggles with them. I currently have the relief at 2000 PSI. I am not sure what breakout force will be, I am starting the testing at lighter weights to see if anything fails first. It is built heavy enough that I do not think the frame will fail. The bucket, loader and sub frame weigh about 500 pounds. I have not weighed them yet. The pump is a gear pump mounted on the front and belt driven. It will pump about 4 GPM at 3000 engine RPM. Lift time at full throttle is about 3 seconds. I will be writing an article on it soon and have more details then.

I think that the capacity of the stock loaders were 300 lbs. I know that the weak point on these tractors is at the bevel gear box. If your subframe is spanning that and careing the load you should be fine. I was wondering about the capacity of the front axle being able to handle the load. I am thinking of building a simular unit and using a power steering pump off of a 89 olds that I happen to have. Keep us posted and it will be a big help to all of us that want to fab our own equipment. Thanks.