Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Winter Cab Frame

thedaddycat

OK guys, I have a problem and need a bit of help from someone out there.... I got this NOS winter cab knowing it was not complete. I need to find or make a copy of the frame for it. I have the roof frame but nothing else for frame pieces. Can anyone help me out??? Thanks in advance...

Same cab as mine I have some pictures of it as I was installing the frame or the manual I can scan if that will help..I will go through my pictures later and see what I have that may help

Below is some of the picture I have...I got my hands dirty and exited about getting it together and stopped taking pictures..So I don't have as many as I would of liked to get... This is my first attempt to upload the pictures to the site..I tried to read the instructions that Maynard posted but for some reason it keeps comming up as page unavalible..If it dosnt go through I will try to get it in the morning as I am heading out in a little while...

Contact the Original Tractor Cab Co. located in Arlington, IN and they can fax you the parts list and installation instructions and order the parts you are missing.

Kirk if you go to Rob's stop by my house and see how mine is. Let me know and I'll tell you how to get here. Elon

Kirk, I'd say that with a little flat stock, and a little box beam, you could put one together in a day. Could also just bend one from 3/8 or 1/2 pipe with a little corner bracing. Just need the measurements.

This is the Original Tractor Cab Co. Kit No. 2789 Cab for Simplicity "Landlord" tractors. It's for the FDT's, just like Kevin's. I contacted OTC Co., here's their reply: Good morning Kirk. Gary forwarded this message to me. Unfortunately, this cab is very old and we no longer have parts available. All patterns and jigs have been destroyed. Sorry I couldn't help you. Is it possible that the person that you purchased this cab from might have these parts? If I can do anything else for you, please contact me. Sharon Douglass Original Tractor Cab -----Original Message----- From: Gary Vandagrifft [mailto:gary@originalcab.com] Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 8:19 PM To: Sharon Douglas Subject: FW: Web Submission Hi Sharon, Sorry to drop this on you, but can you send Kirk the info he needs? Also, keep his address available. I am sure he will be sending in an order. ---- Gary I also asked if the newer frames would work with this canvas, and how much for a new cab. Again here's the reply: Kirk, Unfortunately this cab has been obsolete for some time. We can no longer provide parts for it. The cab that we make for the current Sovereign Tractors Simplicity Snow Cab #1693269 will fit the 7100 series tractors with power lift only. These are available from Original for $650.00 + UPS Shipping (averages $25.00). Sincerely, Chris Geise Original Tractor Cab Co., Inc 765-663-2214 engineer@originalcab.com End result, no luck with OTC Co. My other thought was if someone had a cab that the canvas was shot, I might be able to convince them to let me have it or let them convince me to part with what I have. The goal is to end up with a good cab......

Thats Surprising I had great luck with them on my Cab and questions I had asked before... But the cab that you and Mowerman have From what OTC told me the first Simplicty cab that they made I think he said 1965 and by now they probably have tossed out the plans and info....

Kirk You should be able to make all the pieces you need out of thin wall elictical coduit. It will be more rugged than original. You should be able to copy all of the parts you need from the cab Rob has which is the cab on the HB-116 that I posted pictures of.

Maynard,The cab the Rob has is a complete different set up from the one Kirk is looking for...Although with some measurements and Looking at how they are set up might help him alot... Kirk,I can help with anything you need with pictures and measurments..I can even take the vinyle off and get some shots of just the frame..I think it can be built very easy with conduit like Maynard said..Or if you are headed this way your welcome to look yourself and want not...just make sure that I have all my peices when you leave,LOL

From what I can see in the pictures it is the same style soft top cab for a FDT and the same as the cab Rob has which was on the HB-116 These cabs are all basicaly the same only minor differences is in how they mount on the tractor.

The biggest difference I can spot right off is the way the rear part attaches. In Kevin's pic you can see that it's attached to the rear lift bars and the A-C attaches to the fender pan. I have the one like Kevin's but I think you're right about them being pretty much the same, Maynard. Thanks everyone for the help, I'll be going to Rob's on Saturday to check his out and hopefuly will come away with a good set of plans. Assuming I can get them figured out I can draw them up on paper, if someone can put them into electronic format we'll have a set of plans for the DIY area........

Kirk, Will yours mount the same as Kevin's in the middle? I assume that all you really need for "big" tools,is a pipe or conduit bender.....if you want , you and Rob can come and look how the newer styles fit up......maybe Sunday?? The whole deal really does not look too complicated barring "wasting" time just figuring everything out...That is usually the case with everything.. Good Luck, John

Maynard,the cab you posted is basically the same as mine other than the rear mount as Kirk mentioned...other than that the only differences is the braces..mine mounts down to the frame by the shifter..and the one you posted also has something (brace?) going clear to the front..The front section is also bent up a little different..on the one you posted it looks like it bends in and mounts to the lower sides of the dash and mine is straght and it mounts to the front bolt of the side covers..With mine being all straight it will be easier to make,LOL

I think that those uprights and maybe the top frame are still available maybe not... If I can get the part number I can check my sheet and see if they are the same....

I had sent OTC Co. all the part numbers for the frame pieces I needed, then all the part numbers for the canvas trying to see if it would fit a new frame. I'll PM you the parts list, I'd owe you one if you can find a source for me. Like I said, I struck out with OTC Co.