Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
rocko

Sunstar tiller

rocko
I am looking at purchasing a rototiller for my 88 sunstar. I have the electric rear pto(engine speed).In addition to the electric pto, does this tiller require an rpm reducing gearbox to be mounted on the tractor? I cannot seem to find any info on attachments for the sunstar in the tech pubs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark

gretsch
I don't have my books in front of me at the moment, but the best I can remember is: the pto attachments for a Sunstar are rated at 2000rpm, I thought the rear pto option for a Sunstar was 2000rpm also. The best I can remember of seeing an engine speed rear pto option was for the Ariens garden tractor series. Simplicity offers an attachments parts manual for the Sunstar (it may be downloadable now) which covers all options and would be very useful to you.

thedaddycat
I looked in my Parts Manual for the SunStar Series GTH 18 & 20 Attachments & Accessories. The 38" tiller( Mfg. No.1690989/1691735) shows either a Durst or Peerless gear box, both of which appear to be 1:1 gear ratios, just like the BGB.