Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New trailer

Deadeye

Here is my New Years weekend project. It has a bed size of 36" X 48". The tires are off a junked Sears lawn tractor - size 9.50X8. The sides are made from sideboards from an old gravity box I had. It works great behind my B-112. Now that I think I have this picture thing figured out I may try to send some pictures of my tractor too.

Thats a fine looking trailer...I have offen thought about building a trailer myself...I have a older agri fab one that has worked great for me..I might just clean it up and paint it orange to match my tractors..

Well folks here is my B-112 that I bought in November. It has a 42"blade on the front and I have since used it to push snow around home. For serious stuff I use my Allis Chalmers One Eighty tractor with AC 500 loader. The tractor has a cab and heater and you just can't beat 64 HP for pushing snow! I had to paint the trailer orange to match my AC tractor collection. I hope to repaint the B-112 next spring and have it ready to go when the grass needs cut.

I figure I should paint the B-112 the original color, where do you get paint like that? I looked at the farm store and the closest I cfind was CAT yellow. I think it was real close, I think it was Van Sickle paint. I painted the trailer orange cause I had a part of a gallon left over from painting a WC.

:DYou fellas out your way got all the neatest junk!! Love reading in Farm Show about using these old implements and combines to make other things!! ;)That is one fine looking trailer Sir!

Thanks for the complements fellows, I enjoy working with old iron and like to make something from junk. I had to buy the tubing I used for the tounge and with paint and all it cost me about $10 to make the trailer. I had to buy a new valve stem for one of the tires too! Keep 'em puttin' !!

What year is your WC? I've got two, an early one with an oval tank, and a later one with a tear drop tank. Among others', a couple of B's, a D-17 and a CA. Great looking kid hauler ya built there too! (That's what mine's used for). Now you need a yellow one to go behind your yellow tractor! Rob

Rob, I have a 1944 WC with the steel welded war time rearend. It is a good runner and have taken it to a coule of tractor pulls, best I got was second place. I have a 1948 salvage and a 1936 salvage WC, trying to get all the parts for the '36 to make a whole tractor. I have 2 WD-45 gas, 1 45 diesel and a WD, C, B, HD-5G and several parts tractors. Seems like it is hard to find time to work on them these days.

I just painted my 101, I love the VanSickle paint in the quart. I also added some harder to the paint, it dried fast and very hard. I do recomend a coat of wax about 4 to 6 weeks after drying. Your trailer looks good.

That is a nice look Cart... I like the tire and wheels too Most of them have those little Skinny tires.. Not that they don't work good.. I just like the big tire look...

Now all you need is some linkage or chain to go from your rear lift to the trailer tilt latch..Then you could dump it from your seat...Don't know what you could do about relatching it though...Maybe a electric lift set up to dump and close it,LOL That would be cool...I think I need to build me a trailer now..

Dan, let me know what parts you need, if you're interested. I've got some WD 45 tranny parts, and many others looking for a home. I've got a lot of parts fot these tractors, too many to remember, as we just cleaned out our farm supply store. Rob