Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Thank You - Simplicity 4040 Ignition

aleman77x

I haven't even washed my hands yet, just got my tractor started with your suggestions (gearhead, nighteye, Scott Salmons, Tuffy, gretsch). I have been tinkering with it for days in an unheated garage in CT. The problem was exactly what was suggested, when I put the new points in, I replaced the copper wire, during reasembly, I put it below the insulator on the bolt passing through the points box and continuing to the coil (therefore grounding the system to the points box). Little victories like this are what its all about. Thanks again Al

Thank you for coming back promptly and telling us that we (collectively) helped you with the problem. Many people just take the advice and never give us any feedback, so we never know if we helped or not... That means a lot, and encourages everyone to take the time to continue sharing information and lessons learned. Thanks for you taking the time and effort to provide feedback! :D

Al, Like Kent, I would like to thank YOU for coming back to report on your success and to thank the Club members who helped you. I don’t know of another website quite like this one where anyone can ask a question and receive a prompt answer from experienced owners. So many times help is provided and the recipient doesn’t offer a “thank you” or even return until they need help again. Your post couldn’t have been made at a better time. In the five years of this club’s existence, it has grown and struggled to remain online. The Club has just instituted modest $10 annual dues to pay our expenses so we can continue to help each other. These club members are a great bunch of gals and guys who can offer much more than just technical help. We are a real community and we have fun. I invite you to visit the other forums and see for yourself what I mean.