Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

my name is chris, and i have a problem...

badcars

it started simple, touch up the hood. how bad can it be. then it happened, my tractor is in 100 pieces and all sanded primed painted and clear coated. why, what happened. it was supposed to be a one hour job , now it will easily go two days. man i need to go to a clinic or something i am hooked and cant shake it. bye the way a little tip. i just masked off my stickers to reuse. after untaping, i clearciated them and the painted pieces. they shine like new. but like i said before, my name is chris and i have a problem.. badcars

Chris, we know how you feel and we understand. Your problem is that youi don't have enough tractors............

I fully understand your problem. I used to live and breathe cars . Fords and Nascar. now first thing in morning, last thing at night and aas much a I can get in during the day I am visiting this site or Ebay. And I have not had a piece of sandpaper in my hand yet.

Chris, You're not alone. Most of us here have a problem. We're not looking for a cure though, just treatment. Buy two tractors and call us in the morning.:D:p

Just dont tell your wife about this...they have a way of 'curing' problems like this... None of us want to see that happen...Im planning on being in a similar situation in a month or so...hehe 73 jay

I don't think that your problem is a bad thing. Most all of us here are in the same boat! This is probably the best support group you could find to help with your problem, but then again we all encourage people to find and fix up these old tractors. Don't feel bad about having one torn apart, the real fun is to have a couple torn down at the same time and keeping the parts straight. I,m sure your in good company here with all the other addicts.

I dont think we have a problem here..I just think the rest of the world is the one with the problem.:D:D

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
I dont think we have a problem here..I just think the rest of the world is the one with the problem.:D:D
I like the way that you think on this subject Mowerman...:D:D:D

Chris, See all the help you can get? Its great to know there are so many of us out there just like you, sharing the same problems...and cures! I say bring on the problems! If these are as bad as it gets...life is good! :D

Chris, I have the solution! I just create about twice as many tractor projects as I can possible get around to. This way, I never have the time to get involved with these long involved sanding and painting projects. Actually I started on a rebuild/restoration, totally from a pile of parts from different tractors. Started Christmas of 02. Guess what, Christmas 03 has just passed, and I still haven't fired up that machine. Paint and body work on that one took over a week of real time (manhours). Don't worry, the uphoria you got from this project will go away when you start the next project. Keep in mind that you have to constantly use the tractors when you are doing "Honey-Do's" so that your wife sees the benefits of your projects. Just be careful, they don't understand the phrase "I can't get the tractor started", when they look out the window and the entire backyard is full of tractors and tractor parts.

I know what you mean about being in love/lust with a machine. I wish I had more hours in the day to lavish in the glow of orange. Why put a car in the garage? That place if for tractors. But who has the most tractors in Progress? [url]http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26096[/url]

Chris, You don't have a problem yet. Wait until you start kn ocking off convenience stores to buy the tractors and attachments or to par for a rebuild. Just think of it as an addictive hobby, cheaper than most addictions. Some of my buddies work to support race cars in SCCA. Now thats expensive. Try supporting a mistress or a alcohol, heroin or cocaine addiction.

It is kinda funny, I just wish I had a tractor so that I could have that problem too. Kinda funny I am wishing problems on myself.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA Don't worry, the uphoria you got from this project will go away when you start the next project. Keep in mind that you have to constantly use the tractors when you are doing "Honey-Do's" so that your wife sees the benefits of your projects. Just be careful, they don't understand the phrase "I can't get the tractor started", when they look out the window and the entire backyard is full of tractors and tractor parts.
Rod, I thought I was the only one to use the tractors to put the lawn furnature away, and get the mail. And clean up the garage, and walk the dogs, joy riding...etc...:D Rob

quote:
Rod, I thought I was the only one to use the tractors to put the lawn furnature away, and get the mail. And clean up the garage, and walk the dogs...etc...:D
I know a guy who uses his tractor to haul the weekly garbage to the curb. The funny part, is he thinks I'm strange 'cause I carry mine to the curb. lol Tacey

Tacey, I wouldn't exactly say you're strange... but, is your driveway too short to run the tractor with a cart for the trash? J/K! Rob

badcars, Always bear this in mind: In this first step of your recovery, you either.. A) Admit the problem (which you have admitted) or... B) Deny the problem, meaning you are in denial. Either way, you have a problem. The good news is, you are among friends. Help is a mouse-click away. Tacey

When I had to rearrange the tractors so my son could park his New Mexico car inside during his current visit I got the feeling he thinks dad has a problem. Seems logical to me to park 4 tractors inside instead of one pick-up..No problem here.. MPH

Originally posted by MPH Seems logical to me to park 4 tractors inside instead of one pick-up..No problem here.. MPH Thats right, your truck is designed to withstand the elements, it's completely enclosed. On the other hand, your tractors are open vehicles, which have no protection from these elements. And, as you stated, you're protecting FOUR pieces of equipment, capable of countless tasks. :D Rob

I have a problem with you calling this a problem. Nothing since the birth of my 3 kids have I gotten more enjoyment out of life than being involved with the people I've met on and around these tractor sites and in local pull clubs. The asociation with this type of crowd is just what I want my family to grow up around. Makes me feel good when they also want to participate.......Or I might just be in denial. High, I'm Dave and I have a problem.;):D