Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How Many In Pieces

Agricola

Here is the question..... Who has the most tractors that are taken apart. Here are possible rules: 1. To count, the tractor has to be pretty much all there. 2. You really intend to put the unit back together. 3. You have more parts for it today than last week.(not parting it out) 4. You have a niche for it in your activities. As for me, I have 3 in this group.

Well. before July, I had one running, 9 not. Now, I've got 4 of the 9 running and operational, 2 that run but still need work, one that needs an engine (that I have), but need to reasemble and install. And finally one that just need to be reringed. I also have three Snapper's and an Ariens Fairway that I have no immediate plans for. So that said, I have four disassembled, but in progress. I'm continually looking for parts and time to get this crew complete once again. Do farm tractors count? Because I've got a couple that I'm working on to get back to running condition, one I'm rebuilding the mag for, the other needs front end work. Rob

Here are the projects...... This 3310 V I think needss BGB work.

One for the kids, I have to "help" them with this late 725...

This 7114 needs engine reassembly, install hyrdo lift.

The 3416 H needs an engine rebuild/swap.

Lots of work here, this will be rebuilt as a 700.

This is a '63 Landlord, have to fix this rear/BGB and put it back on the B-12 first so I can get the right parts back on the right tractors.

This is the only 3310 H I've ever seen, needs hydro/tranny work. The seller said the guy he got it from told him there was "a pin or something in the axle that's broke".

Delivery truck project, early stages(very early).... lol

I also have the 2012 that's about half restored. That's nine projects....... Here are the runing ones.... 3415 H and 3310 V set for snow.

The B-112 with the Sweepster and the Putt Putt with the cart.

The Big Ten, which will probably need rings. It looses power on hills and smokes a touch.

The B-12 and my Wonder Boy 700 that Dan just brought out for me.

That makes seven runners, plus I have a few others around of off brands(JD, MTD, Honda, and a commercial walk behind mower) plus a couple of two wheeled walking tractors.

Kirk; You have the wonderboy listed as a runner. Glad to hear its up and running already. What did it need? Is it running in the pic? Looks like smoke or steam at the exhaust. I missed the 3310 V while I was there ot I mighta tried to talk you outta those front tires. LOL

I currently have two runners The 2010, restored, and the 707 Broadmoor, may repaint in the spring. I also have a 717 in pieces thats a project and a parts 717. Four total.

Here are some of my tractor. 15 run 3 for parts 5 need repairs Simplicity two wheel tractors. 2 run 2 need repairs 5 need major work or parts 2 for parts 8 or more other brand names sitting around for parts Karl

Ive got the following that run and drive: Allis B110 Simplicity 3410 Landlord Sears Suburban 12 Snapper LT12 I've got the following with minor problems Magnatrac with mod 19D Briggs, ran perfect until one day it almost caught on fire! I think the magneto burnt up or something. John Deere 110, have new K241 shortblock but never put it on. Sears Custom 10XL, Runs very well but does not steer. Broadmoor727, Needs rings but runs. I've got the following tractors in various not running conditions. Massey Ferguson MF12- Needs motor, Hydro leaks. Massey MF7- Body is fair but has no motor Simplicity 7013S- Have a motor for it but haven't run it yet. Allis Chalmers late style 710- Transmission is messed up. Allis Chalmers Homesteader8- Needs engine, body is semi-restored Sears SS12 Suburban- Have a motor for it but haven't run it yet. 6 HP Broadmoor, needs motor and and a few other parts And I've got six more I'm parting out.

I have the following... 4 Broadmoors (3 717's and 1 728) that are in different stages from running and working now, to very little to get going(like needing a battery ect..1 is completly torn down and mostly repainted and new decals new short block that needs put together yet ect..Plus I have one and a half 707's for parts with one of those could be put together with a motor.. 2 9hp 1964 Landlords Both running and working 1 2010 that I have to go pick up yet that runs but needs work on the hydro lift and maybe bevel box.. 1 1984 Work Horse(by Wheel Horse)GT1642 that runs and working
quote:
Originally posted by Agricola
Here is the question..... Who has the most tractors that are taken apart. Here are possible rules: 1. To count, the tractor has to be pretty much all there. 2. You really intend to put the unit back together. 3. You have more parts for it today than last week.(not parting it out) 4. You have a niche for it in your activities. As for me, I have 3 in this group.
I like this idea but you should ad 1)How many of these tractors do you intend to have done in the next 1-2 years.. 2)Tractors that you are pretty sure wont get done in the next 1-2 years don't count..LOL Or The person with the most amount of mostly complete and or running tractors with the least amount of cash or traded value(for those that did horse trading) is the true Tractor Master or what ever kind of title you can give them

Dan, it took exactly putting a fresh battery in it and some gas, then turn the key and push the button....... In fact Wally told me that the former owner sold it because the tire blew and (I think) he wanted a new tractor instead of fiddling with it any more. I did swap off the blown tire and its mate for the ags that were on the other Wonder Boy, the one I'll badge as a 700. It isn't running, that's the sun reflecting off the B-12. You wouldn't have got those front ags since I just got them new and put them on a year or so ago. I did have another set though......... Maybe when you hook up with that stuff you were telling me about while you were here, we can work another trade that will include them........

Well Here's my list of Tractors 3 running 1 together needs engine work 1 taken apart for restoration 1 needs engine and BGB 1 mostly all there but for parts 1 For parts to go to Mowerman's

My list: Newest: 1999 John Deere GT-235 w/54" deck, 18hp Briggs V-Twin OHV Runs, but needs repairs: 1969 John Deere 140H1, K-321, runs great, needs a battery and ignition switch as well as ignition wire from switch to coil. 1982 Wizard 11hp Briggs, no deck, runs ok, muffler blown out, the pulleys are rubbing really bad. Saving for engine to be dropped in a Simplicity or JD lawn tractor. 1989 White 12 hp, (same chassis and transmission as Wizard), runs good, but idler/tensioner pulley is shot, me and a friend's "racing tractor" project. Close to running, but not there yet: 1991 K-Mart Power Pro 18hp Briggs Horizontally Opposed twin cylinder, stuck valve on right cylinder, 42" cut, it'll be for sale if I can get it running, or I might swap the engine in out of the Wizard, and put this engine in a Simplicity or JD lawn tractor (very likely, I love horsepower!!). And I would sell it with the other engine in it. Almost no hope but could be worked out: 1977 Dynamark 11hp Briggs tractor, ran rough when last driven, over a year ago, main reason it got parked is because I can't get the wheels off the axles, even with heat and PB blaster, because none of them will hold air. The carb is shot, and the muffler threads are wore out. A neighbor let me have it a little over a year ago.

I won't win the contest for most projects, but my yard include a few SUPER SIZED tractors in various states of repair and whatever job is in the shop to pay the bills. As for the 2 year rule, I drug a D-15 out of the woods in Virginia and it sat 2 years till I got the engine kit and another 1 till I got it installed and painted. Thats one thing I like about the smaller tractors, they are just as much fun and a lot cheaper to fool with.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
I won't win the contest for most projects, but my yard include a few SUPER SIZED tractors in various states of repair and whatever job is in the shop to pay the bills. As for the 2 year rule, I drug a D-15 out of the woods in Virginia and it sat 2 years till I got the engine kit and another 1 till I got it installed and painted. Thats one thing I like about the smaller tractors, they are just as much fun and a lot cheaper to fool with.
I hear you there...I used to be into restoring cars...I like the tractors much better because they are alot cheaper and I can fit alot of them inside my garage that only 1 car would fit in...:D

New Sovereign runs. Running 7013S; Have parts to fix the steering and chopped cowl and hood. Needs shuttle adjusted plus new belts. Will work on when it warms up some. B-1 needs a head gasket; doesn't want to start. Plan to fix. Pristine 725 needs rings; doesn't want to start and smokes. Plan to fix. Worn out 700; needs total restoration). No plans at present.

Whoosh! Some see the stars in the heavens and some see tractors in the yard. For these guys its all the same thing. I can dig it!

Right now I have 6 tractors in or around the garage; 2 700's 1 to restore 1 for parts in process may finish this year,the landlords(1 64 9hp runs great needs almost nothing,1 2110 has trans input shaft leak runs excellent and works hard) 1,3415 runs and drives needs pto clutches installed looks pretty ugly but I just got it not long ago so that may change,1 3310v for parts mostly already gave it's hood to the 3415. Finally I'm expecting a cub cadet soon supposedly it runs and best of all it's supposed to be a freebie, we'll see about that though. I used to fool around with cars and jeeps and such but find these tractors are a lot less exspensive and require no insurance,registrations or inspections!

Just my B-110, that's 3/4's of the way back together. No heat in the garage, so as soon as it's above 32F It will be finished.

Kirt, You "WIN". Would you have a Hydro lift cyl. that would fit a 7112 H. Mine has a manual lift and I want to convert it to hydro lift because of my back problems.

Yes I have one and it'll only cost you $7000......... LOL Seriously, I just bought it to put on my 7114, sorry......

All i have is a Lanlord 101 just about restored, need to paint deck, set of decals, and a set of rings in the 12hp its ready for the summer. I have a Ac310 for parts tractor, and a 310 coming that need some TLC, not running. And four other tractor around here some where working or in need of work, not ACs or simplicity. so my total is 3 runing 3 not runing 2 parts tractor

Three running and usable: 12.5LTH 515 Serf 2210 Landloard Three not running: 616 Yeoman, getting a new engine Bolens 600, need transmission Rugg 5hp, don't have the time. Hope to have the Yeoman done by spring. Mike

Here's my list (great question by the way) Running; 1963 MW gardenmark 1968 Bolens 1050 1966 cub cadet 120 1966 gravely 7.6 convetible 1978 AC 710 six speed w/newly rebuilt engine(the best runner) Not Running; 1960 Simp 700 (was in pieces but I put back together) 1966 gravely 7.6 convertible 1978 gravely 816 (engine runs but tranny and/or clutch problems) 1974 combo homelite t-13s mixed w/a 1974 simp 3410. (the motor is in the shop w/a rebuild so as soon as I get it the motor it will be running. I like the fact that I have more running than not running. For the simp 700 I have a spare motor and front axle for but just don't have the time to work on it. I'm happy that I have enough running to get some work done, otherwise the wife (one who must be obeyed!)would not like my hobby so much. John H