Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Whats it worth? Updated v2.5

KohlerMan

Hello all, I have a sim. 3410s and i was wondering about how much its worth. Here is a little discription... -new scratch and dent briggs & stratton (v-twin 16 hp) -brand new AG tires -the paint is fairly new -the hood is cut out for exhaust -the dash is cut out for a car battery -no seat -the deck is trash all except for the shell -the overall tractoor is in great shape -thank god i straightend my fender Thanks Greesmonkey}:)

This is probably not really the answer you was looking for but truely it is hard to put a value on something as every one has different ideas as to a good price to a far price to way to much for it... Truely its only worth what ever someone is willing to give for it..if you are selling it... I seen one at a swap meet (3410S) last spring that was a original owner with all the papers and it looked like it was hardly used with original paint ect..for $400 with a mower deck...I thought it was a steal but it was there both days of the event and I think the guy took it back home with him...Had I had the money I would of bought it... Honestly if you are looking to sell it and want to get the most cash you can from it...you would be better off parting it out as the complete tractor probably isnt worth as much as the motor itself would sell for..seens the tractor is all hacked up and no seat ect..

again probably not your answer but: if it is really bothering you i will come and haul it off for free just to give you some peace of mind......lol badcars

I've got a 3410,straight 3 speed.New Briggs 11HP,repainted hood,rest of paint decent,with a good deck.Pretty much all original,except for the engine.I'm thinking $6-700.00 for mine,ready to work.Hard to tell about yours with the modifications you mention.Got a picture?

quote:
Truely its only worth what ever someone is willing to give for it..
Yes it just depends what it's worth to the person that wants it.. I paid $200 for mine but it didn't run and it needed work...

I fail to understand those who "hack" a tractor to put in a bigger battery. Apparently it happens more than I would like to think.

The sad thing is that a car battery wil fit, you just need the right one. I measured the space it went in and measured batteries and guess what? I got the right one, the 51-4...

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
The sad thing is that a car battery wil fit, you just need the right one. I measured the space it went in and measured batteries and guess what? I got the right one, the 51-4...
I agree with you...so many people don't even try to research something before they start cutting... My brother inlaw has a Yeoman that I lent him a plow for...lucky for me he respects my plow and hitch..cause he sure don't respect that poor tractor...He needed tires for the front and his dad had tires from a Broadmoor which are bigger and rubbed the foot pegs/rest so he took a big hammer and bent the crap out of them to get them out of the way...then he wanted a light so he drilled holes right in the middle of the hood to mount them...Sad thing is I keep telling him I will hook him up with what he needs so he wont hack it up and he says "nah I dont care about it, just a old tractor to me"