Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Two Bottom plow for garden tractor?

Chris727

I found a guy with a couple of old plows, something like 6 or 8 inch. They were from old walking tractors probably simplicity and david bradley, the coulters were gone.I know there was a 2 bottom brinly a guy made for his powermax I guess it was either 2-10"s or 2-12"s. Do you think a 7013 repowered to 16HP could handle a plow with two 6" bottoms? Thanks. Chris

I would think the traction would be more of a problem than the belts..unless you really weight it down..although I have never pulled a plow with a garden tractor so maybe they don't really pull as hard as I think they would...

i pull a 10" with a 738, but, make that a big BUT. i know my ground and it is all in the setup of the plow, no question. to much angle you pull a wheel stand. not enough you dont cut. if its rusty you cant pull it at all. yes it really does make a difference. i like to sharpen mine rather regular and it cuts good, you can tell when it needs attention. now two plows, i really dont know, 1 10" is all my 11.5 wants. but i have never tried two. best of luck! badcars

16 hp should handle 2 6's. My 59 David Bradley rider has a single 6" and pulls it decent with no weights. And it came factory with a 5 3/4 hp briggs with 6 x 12 ag tires and belt drive. If you get them set up right, sharp and clean and most importantly can put the power to the ground it should work.

My 20 HP Powermax can pull two 10". I would think your 16 HP could pull two 6". [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/powermax_paul/pmplow1.JPG[/img] Would have to consider plowing depth, combined width of furrow, and the weight/traction of the tractor doing the pulling. My honest opinion is you could do it.;) PmP

That's a nice setup you've got there Paul. I've got some wheel weights off an old bolens and they have got to be some of the heaviest ones I've seen, so I bet I could pull two plows. I'll have to see what the guy wants for the plows, if I can get them cheap I might do it.