Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

trying to find out

All I can tell you is that according to the X-ref table it is either a 1972 or 1973. Have you tried dating the engine (if original) based upon it's serial number? There's no information that I'm aware of that dates the tractors by serial number...

I think it was posted here once that Simplicity didn't use model years. Instead, they assigned a model number to a run, then when the parts were used up, or they changed a design or feature, the number got changed. So, two tractors could have the same number, but be made in different years. The serial number just tells you where it falls in the range. The engine number could be deceiving, too, if the factory bought a large lot of engines and kept them in stock, prior to installing them in the tractors.

Can anyone tell me where to go to find out the year my A/C 410 was built? I have the serial number which is 29943230.

well thanks for the replys there guys it has been a help. At least is narrowed down now. I was originally told it was a pre 1976 when I bought it so I know its between 72 and 76 now any way. Thanks again

I believe that the 400 series was built in 1972 and 1973 only. In 1974 the ACs were back to 100% Sim built and looked just like the 3400 series Simplicity (except for a Kohler engine). Mike