Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Just my Luck...

Bunky

Well My brother in law's dad has a 712 hydro that needs an engine I've tried to buy it a couple of times...anyway's I have been going to ask him If he had a Snowblower for it and haven't gotten around to it... Well lastnight on the way to take the modified to the Chasis shop I asked him.. He said well yes I had one and I took it to the scrap yard last week:(:(:(

quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
I'm gonna have to open up a scrapyard.
Might just try to get a beat up old truck and place ads in the papers to haul old junk iron and metal cars ect...I have a friend that did this for years and you would not belive some of the stuff he would get...

Well I'm going to go to the Scrap yard first thing monday.. I have been thinking of putting an ad in for lawnmowers and tractors, My cousin just got 25 tractor but they were all junk....he hauled them in, nothing to salvage....

quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
Well I'm going to go to the Scrap yard first thing monday.. I have been thinking of putting an ad in for lawnmowers and tractors, My cousin just got 25 tractor but they were all junk....he hauled them in, nothing to salvage....
That depends on the business your in. LOL I think Sam would verify this, there is almost always a pulley or starter or wheels or recoil or something to salvage thats worth the time to pull it off.

I agree with you Dan, but some people have no use for the "small stuff" and really its hardly worth selling it because new pulleys are not really that much...Its worth it I guess to the right person that repairs tractors alot to sell..but to get these tractors to sell parts on ebay or ? alot of the small stuff is not worth the time to pull it...I think the tires and wheels would be ok but I don't really consider those small stuff..