Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Voltage regulators

mowerman1193

I think I need a new regulator for my Broadmoor 728...I really have'nt checked it out yet but I did look up in my manual and took the part # to jackssmallengines to see how much they are..Shows they are not avalible..Are these really no longer availible??Any after market souces for them? I have read on here before about using one from a old car but also read replies about it not being a good idea as the ones for cars are set for more output?

kevin i know there have been a few articles posted on this subject and i vaguely rember reading somthing that mabee AL eden wrote on this. I will look in a bit and post the link if i find it.

Try here. But be sure you have the generator number and regulator number. Both sould be seven dight such as 1119310. This is an aftermarket manufacter. They might guide you to a warehouse in your area. http://www.aceelectric.com/

I know that a while back I was looking for a regulator for my B-series I called the Dealer with the part number from the manual and it came up as unavailable.. But then he check and found me one, you might want to just check with the local dealer...

Kevin, I believe that you need Delco-Remy part no. 1118988. They are available at: http://www.jackssmallengines.com/regulators.cfm Next to the last item on the page.

Thanks Greg,Thats what I was looking for...I found them at my local dealer awhile back but was quoted something like $83...Just wanted to shop around...I have a couple used ones to try first but thought I would do a little research just in case I end up having to buy one...

I can get them fairly cheap locally.Ground field term while eng is running,if voltage to batt. goes up regulator is bad if it dosent gen or wiring is bad

Thanks for the testing tip dlcentral...I will give it a try...Like I said I haven't really shecked it out yet...but when I mounted lights to it the gauge shows it discharging when the lights are on...and over the summer it started fine but by fall the batt was low...I have never seen the gauge move to the + side just stayed on 0 untill I mounted lights...