Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis 314 project

JoeJ

Here are a couple pics of the 314H and blower that arrived last weekend.

Thanks Dan, I'm very happy!! ;)Well, almost, that green paint really has to go.

Nice looking tactors. But your right that green does have to go.Green and orange dont go together to good.lol.Tony

quote:
Originally posted by JoeJ
;)Well, almost, that green paint really has to go.
I too agree the Green need to go .... That's one thing that I hate to see is a tractor painted the wrong color:(

[V]Well!! What Mr. Nubian is talking about is a book I got for Christmas, "Vintage Allis-Chalmers Tractors" by Lynn K. Grooms, Chester Peterson Jr. and Roger Welsch.

This is said to be a 1921 Model L 12/20, on page 31 Mr. Nubian would like everyone to notice the dark green paint. The Persian Orange had it's debut in 1929, on the U model tractor. ;)Ya happy now Eddy??????

Hey Joe, Nice addition!8D I think that 314H would look just great painted Corporate Orange all over with just a black grille.;) Whadayathink?:D

Nice looking Allis Chalmers 314H. But the green paint is fighting with Persian Orange paint.;) Still has the original AC seat. Karl

Joe, Persian Orange is a great choice too.;) Would make it look more like the big AG tractors. I do also like that Corporate Orange(think that's the color) of my B207E though.:D

Joe man you must have passed what you had through that pm lol. Been feeling like I got run over by my tractors. your tractor looks great but man that green has got to go. Ac cream on the hood and orange for the rest of the tin with a black lower grill with orange suround will put it back right. Great find and a good start.

Even though my AC 716H is painted black and teal, I still see a hard working AC whenever I look at it. The newly painted orange AC712S is hard to see when the sun shines because the reflection blinds you. I know you can become snow blind, I wonder if you can become orange blind? Oh, well, looks is in the eye of the beholder but strength and reliability is built throughout.

My disclaimer: I did not paint it green, it came to me that way. I dont care for that style nor that transmission but I will say when I was testing it out, I put it up a hill too steep for my B12. I was impressed with that. As long as you like that style, those things are awesome tractors.

Nice tractors and nice view in the background. I was thinking I got to move to an area that has a view like that, but I relized you posted the pics, and I already live in your area! DUH!

JoeJ It looks like you have a 400 series Blower.

Is your hitch on the blower(#24)bolted or welded on? If it's bolted we could probably switch off the parts blower I have.

Also look at this. link.http://www.simpletractors.com/what_fits/300_series.htm

;)Paul, I'll have to check later, mother isn't letting me outside to play today.. But then there is the 410S up in the barn. I would rather, after reading in here, use the hydro though.

I think it's alot better to use the blower on a hydro, All I need is a blower on my 416 and a permanant solution to the leaky vickers:) Should look good when you get it done