Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC B-12 Whart a tractor

ron217

Hi, Last summer I was given a B-12 that had sat under a pine tree for several years. It came with a snow plow, a mower deck and a tiller. The tractor was dirty beond belief, gas tank rusted through. all 4 tires flat and burried up to the axles in dirt and debris. Well to make a long story a little shorter, my intent was to restore it but decided before I went to all that work, I'd see if I could get it running and make sure it was mechanically allright. Started with the engine. Pulled it off and cleaned the outside. Opened it up and all seemed fine socleaned out the inside and put it back together. cleaned the carb. fixed the gas tank added oil and and put it back into the tractor. It started on the first try. Replaced a couple belts and took it for a ride. It ran so well that I put the tiller on and gave it a go. This summer I regraded my crushed limestone drive way with it. Bought a Bolens snow blower to mount on a bigger tractor I have but found that it wasn't wide enough for the tires so ended up puting it on the B-12, with it's own power unit. It was better than trying to hook it up to the Allis Chalmers PTO. Works quite well. So just finished building a cab for it. I have been using it so steady that the restoration has gone by the wayside. Still plan to get at it though. Maybe this summer. Ron Frost

welcome to the club. I know you will find every thing you need or need to know here. Between the members and the web site, there isnt anything you wont find or get a answer to. I would also like to see some pictures of your B-12. Elon

Accually, If you could give us some insight on how you built your cab, Im sure that there are alot of members that would aprecate it. I know I would. Pictures and drawing, mesurments and what ever easle you can come up with would be great! Elon

Yes I too would like to see some info on the Cab you built... These are great tractors you will be amazed at what things you can do with these fine tractors and before you know it you will have more.....

I know what you mean...These tractors can do alot of work and its hard to take them apart to do a restoration...Stick around here long enough and you will end up with plenty of back up tractors so you can get that restoration started...the Ac/Simplicity's have a way with multiplying...You will find out soon enough.. I also would like to see some pictures..