Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Addiction problem,LOL

mowerman1193

With this recent topic "Hi my name is Chris and I have a problem" http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26087 I thought I would ask...How long have you had the addiction?Now I am not talking about just playing with tractors...I am talking about the true addiction of running off the road while driving down the road to look back in someones back yard to see what kind of find you might possibly be able to bring home kind of addiction,LOL I started the early stages of it about 7-8 years ago but it has gotten really bad about the last 2-3 years...I think this club has made it at least get 2-3 times worst,LOL

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193 I started the early stages of it about 7-8 years ago but it has gotten really bad about the last 2-3 years...I think this club has made it at least get 2-3 times worst,LOL
Uh-oh! Looks like a potential liabilty problem here!! :D:D

I haven't driven any tractor except AC or Simplicity since 1967, but the rubber-necking while on the road started about two years ago. That can be pretty dangerous around here because there are so many cars on the roads. It usually takes a lot of time to cover a small area, when I keep having to pull over to let the backed up traffic pass.:D

How long before we will find a question similar to this on our auto insurance application? We could be considered high risk.:D

It started for me about 38 years ago when Dad took me on my first tractor ride on our 725

My addiction has become steadily worse ever since, I just don't feel right when I know there are FDTs out there that don't have a good home....;):D

I guess it started for me about 3 years ago when I got my Homesteader8. Now I've got plenty of projects planned for the next decade! I like to look around for stuff too. Thinking of putting out some ad's so I won't have to do the looking.

Mine started in 1967 when dad took over the AC dealership in Fremont Ohio. Maybe because I was part of what he named it. Kline and sons imp. Then I spent many an hour mowing on our B110 or grandma's even years later. Then my friend Charlie started colecting l/g tractors. The first one is his 616 ac Then after some cubs his brand he got a pair of 410 ac tractors. One is an m the other an s. He ask me to help find parts for them and repair them. That brought me to this site and it has snowballed from there. I now have a B10 a B110 and a 312h all in various states of repair. But fun just the same. Have a line on a few more and catching up on deals made it's great. Oh and I rub it in to Charlie when I mow his barn yard for him I take the 410m and give it that simple stripe treatment. That's what it's all about good friends good fun and simpletractors.

quote:
I am talking about the true addiction of running off the road while driving down the road to look back in someones back yard to see what kind of find you might possibly be able to bring home kind of addiction,LOL
I have not run off the road yet:D,always looking for more tractors sitting around.;) I have been addicted with my first Simplicity 3416H I bought 10 years ago.;):D:D Karl

I dont have any tractors right now other then my racing one and a couple part tractors none are Ac's or Simplicity's but i guess you could say Im kinda kicking myself now that i didnt buy a Simplicity 727 at an auction last fall for 50 dollars CDN. and the AC 410 with the snowblower and blade a couple of weeks ago for 1150 CDN

Lately the rubber-necking has gotten much more intense (drives my wife totally nuts!!) but just today I've spotted what looks like a very neglected 9hp Landlord in a yard not 10 minutes from here (kinda under our custodian's nose). So the location is top secret!!! LOL Unfortunatley there was no one home.:( Looks like I know where I need to go next weekend! :p^

i usually grab those ayps. fix them up and sale them to support the cause. sick but sometimes you do have to be with the enemy. adter they run they sale for 2 or three hundred and that helps the simplicity fund!!!!!!! badcars