Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
JamesK

Differances on the B-110/112 to 210/212??

JamesK
Is there any differance between these models? I look around and see pics of 110/112 and info but not much on the 210/212. Is one bigger than the other or did they just change numbers for different years? Ya know same tractors just change the decals for a new year/model. James K.

goatfarmer
I had both a B110 and a B210. Biggest difference was the 210 was a 3 speed,with variable drive,while the 110 was a straight 3 speed,although this one also had a hi-lo trans.Otherwise,I didn't see much difference.

UCD
The B-112 has a longer wheel base than the B-110 due to the shuttle shift and hydrostatic transmission available in them. The biggest difference between the B-100 series and B-200 series is the tin work on the hood and the B-200 series had an improved center pto.

Rob-B
Hello, The hoods are different between the 100 series has a riser in the hood that is hinged, so it gives you access to the battery and gas tank. The steering wheel on the 100 series has a black plastic riser under it so steering wheel will clear the riser on the hood. There were some other differences between them too. I just don't know if the differences were betwwen the 100 and 200 series or between a certain model year. Some had a recessed key switch for starting engine for starting engine & some had a push button starter for starting engine.

JimDk
James, The B-210 is a long wheelbase tractor also. It will accept a 48" deck. With a larger diameter steering wheel and narrow front tires it is a nice steering tractor.Our B-210 is the favorite mowing outfit in our "fleet". Jim

PatRarick
The B-112 and the B-212 are basically the same tractor. The B-212 has, as Maynard said, an improved center PTO. The B-210 is the same as the B-212, but with narrower front tires and a 10 horse engine, rather than a 12 horse. The B-1XX and the B-2XX hoods were interchangeable, but the B-1XX hoods had a riser towards the rear which opened to access the battery and fuel tank. The steering wheels of the B-1XX tractors had a deep dish with chrome hub and spokes. The B-2XX tractors had a shallow dish steering wheel. Black plastic with plastic spokes and a clear hub cap. They also had a larger diameter than the B-1XX tractors. The B-110 is kind of a mule. It shares the main frame and tinwork of the B112, B-210, and B-212, but the rest of the tractor is the same as the earlier model B-series. The B-112, B-210, and B-212 were three speed tractors with a variable drive system. The frames plates (between the BGB and the transaxle) were 4" longer on these tractors than on the B-110, which was a straight 3 speed tractor like it's predecessors. There were a few differences in the early and late B-110's and B-112's. The early models had a flush mounted ignition switch in the lower dash, and a push button starter on the upper dash, just below the steering column. All used the same seat pan, but early B-110's and B-112's had a unique hinge system for the seat pan. The later B-112's went to the newer hinge system like the B-210 and B-212. I'm not sure about the B-110, but I believe that it retained the unique seat pan hinge throughout it's run. Hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong on that point. One thing I am not too sure about, is the neutral safety switch. I know that the early B-1XX series did not have them, and that the late B-2XX series did have them. I don't know if that was added during the B-1XX series run, with the beginning of the B-2XX series, or during the B-2XX run. Pat

JamesK
Thanks Guys, alot of good info here. Joe, we do have to meet sometime soon. I have both the B-210 and a B-212 . But I would like to compare the 210 to yours to see if anything is missing. The 2 of em are still on the trailer here. James K.

ROBBYDOB
Originally posted by PatRarick The early models had a flush mounted ignition switch in the lower dash, Pat Which, no matter how careful you are, the key always winds up getting broken off!}:)